Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Can good deeds be taken away and given to others on judgement day?

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Salaam/Peace May God bless you all
I am interested in understanding whether or not the quran offers any support or against the traditionalist view that on judgement day, Soul A's good deeds will be taken from it and given away to soul B or soul C as recompense for soul A either oppressing, mocking, abusing, back biting etc of soul B and C whilst in the duniya.
Surah 19:39 is usually quoted along with this view.
I have had a look through the forum and cannot seem to find much info.

Peace and Thank You

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
Re: Can good deeds be taken away and given to others on judgement day?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
19:39 provides no support for this view, but certain verses do seem to indicate that certain people will bear the burden of misguiding others on Judgement Day. (16:25)
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Re: Can good deeds be taken away and given to others on judgement day?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Yes I see no relevance with verse 19:39 I just thought I'd put it out there because some traditionalists will use it to leverage the idea that the "the day of regret" is such because we have lost our good deeds to those we wronged.
More importantly I was looking for Quran support on whether the idea about losing your good deeds to those that you had wronged was true or not.