Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Learn arabic alphabet With This Basic Text Lesson

Offline Qadada

• View Profile
Learn arabic alphabet With This Basic Text Lesson
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »
Salam Alakium,

I will discuss all 28 letters of the learn arabic alphabet and the sounds they make but I will not be discussing and using the over 100 connecting forms that they use. The first letter is Alif and the sound it makes is like a long 'a' sound the shape of the letter is ا. The letter Alif is a non-connecting letter which means it does not connect to letters that come after them. The next letter is baa ب and the sound it makes is like the English 'b'. Next is taa ت which makes a sound like the English 't'. The next letter is ث thaa and the sound it makes is like the 'th' sound in English. The next one ج jeem and the sound is like the English 'j'. Next comes ح hAA and it has no real English like it its different then the 'h' sound. It sounds like a 'h' sound but with more of a scratching sound and heaviness to it. Next is خ khaa sound like the 'kh' sound in English. Next is د daal and the sound is like 'd' in English and this letter is also a non-connecting letter. Which means it does not connect to letters after it. Next comes ذ dthaal and it has no real letter like it in English. It sounds like a 'd' in front of a 'th' sound kind of. Next is raa ر and the sound is not like the 'r' in English it sound more of a rolling sound like 'r' with a rolling sound like the sound you would make as a child of a motorcycle. Next comes ز and sound it makes is like 'z' in English. So as you can see its hard to learn arabic alphabet via text alone by I am trying to give you a idea of the letters and the sounds they make. Lets continue; next comes س seen and the sound is like 's' sound. Next we learn the letter ش sheen and the sound it makes is like the 'sh' sound. The letters zaa ز and raa ر are both non-connecting letters that I forgot to mention. I also should have mentioned in Arabic the text is read from right to left the opposite of English. You may be thinking this is too hard I am never going to learn arabic alphabet. I don't blame you, however; you can learn as long as you have easy and clear learning method. I was like you I did not know the Arabic alphabet but look at me know. Let continue, next comes ن noon and the sound it makes is like the 'n' sound. Next is ف faa and sound it makes is like the 'f' sound. Next ط TAA a heavy 't' sound which I letter in English sounds like it. Next comes ظ THAA a heavy 'th' sound also no sound is like it in English. Next we take ص saad a heavy 's' sound which also has no letter like it in English in arabic they are referred to as heavy letters. I should mention I am not going in order as it serves no real purpose. The next learn arabic alphabet we will take is م meem 'm' and the sound is like the 'm' sound.
Visit here to learn more: www.madinah-institute.com/page/arabic-alphabet