Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Do animals know right from wrong?

Offline Star

• View Profile
Do animals know right from wrong?
« on: January 31, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »
Salam everyone :)

I've noticed that animals do seem to have a sense of right and wrong. They sacrifice their own lives for their children and things like that.

"And there is no creature on [or within] the earth or bird that flies with its wings except [that they are] communities like you. We have not neglected in the Register a thing. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered" ~ 6.38

This verse seems to indicate that animals are also tested on this earth. Animals might understand love and sacrifice, but they can't actually do anything wrong, can they? Lions only kill deer for food. This is not wrong. How can animals be tested if they can't do anything wrong?

Also, many animals suffer for no fault of their own. Even in prehistoric times when humans weren't around, animals were hurt by other animals. Why would this happen when animals cannot be "tested with suffering", per se?

God's justice extends to all things, including animals. However, I don't see the justice in making animals suffer when they cannot be tested.

What do you think?

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: Do animals know right from wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:20:09 AM »
Also, verses 24:41 and 22:18 say that animals have their own method of praising God, and they will be gathered to their Lord to answer for what they have done. However, I don't understand this since animals don't seem to have the ability to do anything wrong.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:40:16 AM »
Except Human Being none was given Free Will therefore none is anwerable ecept human being.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:10:38 AM »
Salam Sardar,

Please cite your references for that statement. The verses I displayed above seem to indicate that animals DO have free will and they WILL be answerable for their actions.

Mia

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:34:22 AM »
The Ayaat quoted do not tell about "Free Will" but their natural acts. Therefore answerabilty is for Humans & not any creation.

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:54 AM »
Salam Sardar, :)

Respectfully, I don't agree with what you said, and I also disagree with some of the things I stated previously.

I stated that animals can't do anything wrong. Apparently, they actually can, which Jane Goodall noted in her research. Animals don't have the same accountability as humans, but they can be unkind and cruel for no good reason. It's rare, but it happens. Jane watched it happen with snotty chimpanzees who enjoyed excluding an older chimpanzee from their routines, apparently out of sheer spite.

Secondly: The Quran says animals praise God in much the same way humans do. Then why shouldn't their faith get tested as well? They don't have the same type of consciousness as people do, of course, but they do have some. And they have loyalty and sacrifice, (i.e. dogs). Why shouldn't they get tested and rewarded in ways that suit animals?

God is just. He doesn't make animals suffer for no reason. He compensates and rewards (and sometimes punishes) them just like humans.

I recognize that the above statements might sound preposterous to someone who doesn't have prior knowledge about this issue, but if you think about it, it does make sense. :)

Mia

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »
Plus, I love animals. They have souls and a life force just like we do, even if the type of their souls is different from ours.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 01:11:02 AM »
Sister mia666 please read Bro Joseph Islam's article on Ruh & Animal kingdom which will answer your
question Thanks

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 01:13:09 AM »
Assalam Truth Seeker two of three videos of Animal Ruh are not working. Please check. Thanks

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 01:33:43 AM »
Shalom  / peace Mia......it looks like bro Joseph also kind of agrees with what you say....

http://quransmessage.com/articles/animal%20souls%20FM3.htm

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »
Salam, thank you for the article :)

It confirmed what I asserted earlier. Animals might not have the same kind of souls as humans, but they do have some kind.

I've seen that Battle of Kruger thing on Nat Geo Wild. It's disturbing...don't know if anyone else agrees...but the other two are good :)