Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: having a hard time understanding "changing the creation of Allah"

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Assalamu alaikum guys,

This topic confuses me a lot. Because this doubt of "Is this actually changing the creation of Allah" can pop up in our minds on a daily basis. Most of the time I can't decide what counts as changing the creation of Allah and what doesn't. For example;

Going to the gym because you want to get fit, bigger muscles, strength, agility etc...  Am i making a mistake by getting my muscles developed ?

Hair transplantation because i have male pattern alopecia ?

Shaping or trimming beard, hair, eyebrows etc. ?

Using prosthetic arm/leg etc... ?

How should we think about this topic with a Quranic perspective ?

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: having a hard time understanding "changing the creation of Allah"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
Salam :)

First let's cite the verse you described.
4:119--And I will mislead them, and I will arouse in them [sinful] desires, and I will command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.

In this verse, changing the creation of Allah is referred to in a negative light only when it changes the nature of beings. For example, Satan is arousing sinful and evil desires in people, and altering their God-loving nature. Changing God's creation in this way is harmful.

Going to the gym is just a function of staying healthy. This verse refers to those who alter the creation of Allah in a harmful way, trying to divert people from the path of God. Cattle branding (or ear-slitting) is also referred to in this verse because it's a cruel and harmful practice. That's all.

Hope this helps :)

And see:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=851.0

Mariyah