Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The meaning of the Verse related to 'TO me you are like mother's back'..???

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Salam All...

Hope you are all fine...i came across this verse..."Those who separate themselves from their wives by pronouncing, "To me you are like my mother's back', must concede that they are not their mothers, none are their mothers except those who gave birth to them - surely they utter an evil word and a lie. God is pardoning, forgiving. Those who put away their wives by equating them with their mothers, and then wish to go back on what they have said, must free a slave before the may touch one another again. THis is what you are exhorted to do. God is fully aware of what you do, and anyone who does not have the means must fast for two consecutive months before they touch each other, and who is not able to do that must feed sixty needy people. This is to affirm your faith in God and His messenger. These are the limits set by God. Those who deny the truth shall have a painful punishment."

What does the above verse mean?..For example...sometimes my husband says tat..."u care like my mother.."...is it not allowed to say like this?...and sometimes...out of love..we both call each other..."AMMA"..which means...mother in Tamil...but we do not mean to call each other mother...but..just to show our love..we just say like this..is it not allowed to call like this?...did we do any sin by doing such things?...should we fast two months or feed sixty people?..can you please clear it...?..THank you very much..

Regards,
Anjum

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
The question you asked was silly  :P. BTW, Let me give you a piece of advice. While reading the Quran, first and foremost primary thing thats coming into our mind, is correct/right assumption, Quran is revealed like that. Quran is already interpreted. All you have to do is to sit back, relax and read the Quran like a story book. thats all. If you want to go deep by confusing yourself, no result would come as it guides with general sense. So please dont hear others or ask others for interpretation. Because everybody got their own interpretation that's enough to make you confused & sometimes leave the religion. If you wish to find more interpretations from already interpreted perfect book, result will be abrogated like probability theory. If you don't understand a thing or term, then it would definitely be explained in other parts of the Quran. In this case, I advise to finish the full Quran first.

Remember this theory all the times>>> “And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!

“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
And LOL  ;D to that >>> we both call each other..."AMMA"
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Salam Sstikstof...

Lol...laughing ah...:P...well yaar..u knw..m new...m jus confused right now...i just feel like sometimes...OH MY GOd...i m doing something wrong..n i have to stop it now...n tats wat..i felt after reading this verse...tats y i asked here...:P...n someone is laughing at me?..:p...pity on me...:(...so...can you clear the verse now?..not sure yet..please please...

Regards,
Anjum..

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
Salamun Alaikum, As im sure the intention behind your AMMA calling is not that what you meant of that verse, There is nothing wrong with it as long as your intention works perfectly. Remember in every aspects, intention is the main key. And just go easy on religious matters as if you freaked out, overloading behavioral circumstances may occur which harms the correct faith. It is not rocket science, GOD the Almighty knows our weakness & made Quran like that.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Salam Sstikstof, Thank you very much for your reply...ya..i usually freak out..thinking too much...coz i fear tat...m doing something wrong...and i will be punished..i dont know..how to overcome it...hope...i will be ok once i understand well and spend time here...:P...well..thank u again for your explanation..:)...so...nothing wrong right?..i mean..watever we are doing?...like..my hubby says..."u care like my mother.."...so..nothing wrong saying like this?...:S...

Sorry and regards,
Anjum

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
Quran principally dedicate "intentions". Every piece of works have intentions behind it. And besides this, it is a common sense. Why would you freak out as im sure u aint gonna look at your husband like father. this is common sense. Quran tells about common sense. Most of the people take this common sense into something serious due to lack of realization.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Salam Sstikstof...

Thank you very much..for your explanation...:)...yup..tats right..i jus call him like tat...he cnt b like my father...ever...:)...thank you very much once again...:)...

with best regards,
Anjum