Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 4:34 12:25 wife obey husband or allah

Offline richard

• View Profile
4:34 12:25 wife obey husband or allah
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:26:54 AM »
Assalam alikum I have a few more questions about 4:34 and 12:25

12:25 says that the husband is lord or master and 4:34 says obey so dies this mean that the wife has to obey her husband and that her husband is her master or lord on 12:25 the Arabic word is sayyidahā .

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: 4:34 12:25 wife obey husband or allah
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 04:34:55 PM »
Shalom / peace.  Why does it seem like Sharon / Yahya again (both banned accounts as i understand) asking similar type styled questions through another account?

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »
Assalam alikum I don't know who that is I'm just asking questions what people bring up and bringing evedence like the view of Muhammad asad and hasan al basri and verses from the quran and like seeing allah in jannah is a big theological question in the Sunni and shia world so I wanted to know the quranic centric view on this and people bring up the verses about women and Khalifa in the litrial sense and I wanted to know about the symbolic sense and people bring up about women obeying there husbands but no one has brought up about 12:25 the husband being called lord so I don't know what the answer is too that

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:29:16 AM »
peace,

What word are you referring to in 12:25 indicating husband is lord/master?

###

Re: "obey"
For analysis of the word in question see:
http://www.quran434.com/wife-beating-islam.html#part2

"so/then if they obeyed you..." (Arabic: ataAAna, root: Tay-Waw-Ayn) is in the perfect form, i.e. an action done/completed.
This "obeyed" MUST refer to something in the context, due to the Arabic resumption particle "fa" (so/then), thus the only possibility is the admonition/advisement given by the husband. A resumption particle connects two statements together, i.e. one before it and one after it. Also note how Tay-Waw-Ayn is used here and not Qaf-Nun-Ta as used previously, which implies that there is a difference in connotation between these words, reinforcing our finding as discussed previously.
It is perhaps interesting to note that "if they obeyed you" may have an implication that anything other than advisement is regarded as seeking a way against them, i.e. abandoning them in bed and (then) idriboo them. We will discuss later that it is possible to infer that the 'abandoning them in bed' step could be limited in time, whilst the advisement part whilst still maintaining normal sexual relations does not have a time limit, further reinforcing this first step as what is preferred, hence it being first.