Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Copying the Prophet's Actions in Love

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Copying the Prophet's Actions in Love
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:45 AM »
Salaams to you,

Sir,

I often hear these points :

A muslim who is sort of drowned in the love of prophet will copy each & every act of the prophet. So wearing the typical muslim clothes is more due to the love of  the prophet rather than a religious command.  Second point is that the jews are a perennial enemies of muslims, trying hard to sway muslims away from the right path. So following their cultures have a risk of opposing islam in a gradual manner.

Please enlighten.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Copying the Prophet's Actions in Love
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:49:24 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam,

If the wearing of certain clothes or following certain traditional habits is practiced as optional and not as a ‘religious command’, then I personally see no problem with this. However, if it is asserted that a certain cultural practice of a people has to be followed as a compulsory part of religion, then this is arguable.

With regards broad statements about certain people to infer that they are all evil  / with dubious intent is not a Quranic stance. The Quran recognises good and evil in all people and communities.

I hope this helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell