Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is a reward in this life a test from god ?

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Is a reward in this life a test from god ?
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

[21:35] Saheeh International
Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned.

[89:15] Saheeh International
And as for man, when his Lord tries him and [thus] is generous to him and favors him, he says, "My Lord has honored me."
[89:16]
But when He tries him and restricts his provision, he says, "My Lord has humiliated me."

We can conclude from both verses that anything good or bad is a test.

[16:97] Saheeh International
Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do.

[10:98] Saheeh International
Then has there not been a [single] city that believed so its faith benefited it except the people of Jonah? When they believed, We removed from them the punishment of disgrace in worldly life and gave them enjoyment for a time.

But from these verse we can conclude that sometimes good stuff can be a reward in this life.

So can it be a reward and a test at the same time ?
Are the people of Jonah being tested or are they simply being rewarded ?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Is a reward in this life a test from god ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:35:46 AM »
Yes Bro the Reward & Adversity both are test from Allah as to how the human keeps Allah in his heart & follow His commands in both of the situations.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
Re: Is a reward in this life a test from god ?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:12:38 AM »
Salaam.

If they had remained consistently on the right way, We should surely have bestowed on them water in abundance. (72:16)
That We might try them by that. ... (72:17)

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.