Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Hello from a Monotheist outside of Islam

Offline Zack

• View Profile
Hello from a Monotheist outside of Islam
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
Hello,

Just am new here and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Daniel, and am currently doing Post Graduate studies in Islamic Studies. I just wanted to say I am very impressed with this website!!

I am  from the "Christian Tauhid" belief, and have been studying with some Islamic scholars for over a decade. Basically my theology is Islamic, however I do not convert to Islam as I really do not view this as the purpose of Prophet Muhammad.

Look forward to chatting
Daniel

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a Monotheist outside of Islam
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum Daniel,

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your participation.

It will also be interesting to see the overlap between your beliefs and those of Islam

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Thank you.....

More than overlap..... The Hawariyuun were muslims (small m) , continuing the one world religion of no god but God, the Hawariyuun made a decision in AD45  based on the Torah to be inclusive and include Gentiles so that, as the Injil says... the 2 will be 1....

From then until the Prophet Muhammad was a sad history of "Replacement Theology"..... , all this was confronted in Mecca......

So here we are, brother..!!

Wasalam
Daniel

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:33:17 PM »
Salaam Daniel. Welcome to this awesome forum / website. I hope you enjoy it here. Hope to chat with you more.  take care Saba :) 8)

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
Salam brother daniel.

and welcome to the forum. looking forward to further discussions.

Offline afafaff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »
Salam. I'm happy to see you here. A "Christian Tauhid", you are much welcomed. Good luck with your studies. :)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 07:02:58 AM »
al-Salāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatu Allāh Bro Daniel, Welcome to QM Forum and hope you will enjoy our interaction. IF I am not curious will you kindly elaborate what is meant by " Chritian Tauhid" Thanks for sharing.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
This means that my religious identity (Which is not that important ultimately) is Christian.  However I hold to Biblical Monotheism, that is "There is no god but God" , and believe this is the message of the Injil, and of Paul.

This is in contrast to holding to the Catholic creeds which became law for CHristians between 320AD until 451AD. When understanding the that difference between these, the Quran makes a whole lot more sense. In fact, I would say that it is difficult to understand the Quran properly without having a basic understanding church history, because a part of the Quran is talking to Christians and post Bible developments.

Daniel

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »
Thanks Bro Daniel for clarification. I know very well that the Book  Injeel  tells one God and is from One God. If you don't mind I would like to ask you about what I heard that the concept of Trinity is supposed to have come from Saint Paul. If not Who invented the concept ofTrinity? Thanks for sharing.

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Thanks for your response.

No religion moves from Tauhid to trinity in one step. It was a slow progression over 400 years. The best way to describe it is like a ship that is docked in a port but is not anchored, slowly drifting.

The Hawariyuun (Sahabat  Isa) were just as much "Islam" as Nabi Muhammad. Paul was pure Tauhid as well. The beginning days of Christianity were rooted in the Tauhid (Hebrew) teaching. However the descendants of the Hawariyuun (Sahabat setia Isa) were disowned / declared heretics by the non-Semitic peoples (CHristians) and didn't associate with them anymore. That meant the Tauhid teaching began to drift. The greek world was naturally prone to non-Tauhid. When they saw someone  do a miracle or an amazing sports ability, that person was considered a god. So for the Greeks, trinity is only natural if there is no real anchor.

The Injil is actually non-trinitarian, but anyone can take verses to support a dogma, the same as the Qur'an.

So in answer to your question, Paul did not create the trinity...... he is very misunderstood.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
Thanks for clarification. You mean to say that only Greek people believe in Trinity & not others? There several people in USA & Europe who believe in Trinity I think.

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »
Sorry, I meant back in Pauls time, the Greek speaking world back then.

These days, maybe 98% of Christians believe in the trinity from all countries. However there are many slight variants. Ultimately they view that there is only one God, but that one God in three persons.

It is my view that modern Islam has gone the other way in response, and the Nabi Isa of the Injil, and of the Quran, is generally not known or understood by Islam today

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »
Salaam.

You said:

"It is my view that modern Islam has gone the other way in response, and the Nabi Isa of the Injil, and of the Quran, is generally not known or understood by Islam today"

Kindly elaborate.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:34 AM »
There is no sense in calling one God mixture of three entities. God is only One without anybody besides Him or with Him. Trinity is against Tauhid. God is One & Supreme & nobody is partner in any capacity or form. As per your statistics only 2 per cent are true Christians in the world.

Offline Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 10:35:45 AM »
Salaam.

You said:

"It is my view that modern Islam has gone the other way in response, and the Nabi Isa of the Injil, and of the Quran, is generally not known or understood by Islam today"

Kindly elaborate.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

In response to your question, I want to begin by saying that islam (small i) is the religion of God, from before the time of Prophet Ibrahim. Nabi Isa is viewed with the foundation that Tauhid is unchanging. 

Isa also lived out this understanding, and clearly states that this is the greatest commandment. Isa lived in a context of being confronted by traditions relating to the Sharia of his day (The Torah). And so his responses was revealing God’s mind in regards to Sharia Law. Islam when thinking of Isa needs to separate the post Bible developments of the creeds from the Semitic Isa.
It would be good for Islam to have a careful study of the Quran specifically concerning Isa, as well as the Surah Matthew in the Injil, and develop a “Tauhid based Christology”  so that there is freedom to consume  the teachings of Isa. This means developing an understanding of Isa as the Kalam Allah…. What does that mean; when he was strengthened by the spirit of Allah… when was that and what does it mean…   however most importantly apply the teachings of Isa within Islam. The challenge is to learn out of truth, and not learn out of traditions.

I have a link to help with this, the Tauhid Christology. However I am not sure if I can post links here?
This is foundational in Islam I believe, the Kitab Allah, including the Injil…  However some care needs to be taken….many interpretations / translations are Trinitarian slanted. However that is increasingly less as people are becoming aware of unfaithful translations.
Hope this begins to clarify….