Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Libas , day to day Dress code of Muslims

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Libas , day to day Dress code of Muslims
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:58:36 AM »
I was just wondering to see most of the muslim in India,Europe,USA like the Arabian dress code instead of the dress suitable to local envornments thinking to be Islamic dress.I clriafy them that it  is not right.By wearing this one does not become real muslim.I always tell them be as Romans when you are in Rome.The second important aspect is that most of the muslims try to keep trouser,paint,Toup,Lungi above their ankles telling that it is Sunna &you incur  Azaab for keeping below the ankles. When they see my paint or trouser below my ankle they feel strange.They also watch strangely when you do not wear cap/ headwear in the mosque for salath.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
Re: Libas , day to day Dress code of Muslims
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
Salaam.

Rgarding your post, there are two points to be noted:

(1)  They consider the cultural side of dress as part of Deen. This is Shirk.

(2)  If we go by  the dictum: "While in Rome, do as the Romans do", then, what follows is: "While in the Mosque, do as the Musllees do."

What I mean is:

Giving due consideration to other people's sensitivities regarding our appearance etc; to a reasonable extent, is quite in order.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Libas , day to day Dress code of Muslims
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
Giving due consideration to other people's sensitivities regarding our appearance etc; to a reasonable extent, is quite in order.

I respectfully agree  :)
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell