Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Basmala

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
The Basmala
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:28:45 AM »
Salam to all,

I don´t know if you have discussed this Topic about the opening Verses of each chapter.My question is do the Basmala belong to the Revelation or does it has the purpose to indicate the beginning or ending of a Chapter.
I know that the Maliki-Madhab do not recognize it as part of the Srcipture hence loud prayer is done without it otherwise the Prayer is not valid according to most of Maliki Scholars.

wa salam

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: The Basmala
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:22:51 AM »
Yes " Bismillah " is the part of Revealtion. It is evident from the Surah Tawba not beginning with Bismillah which Allah knows best.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »
Salam,
Thank you for you quick answer.
That the Beginnig of Sura 9 is not starting with this formula is no Proof that this is part of the divinely words.I have heard about Northafrican Quransamples who have no "Basmala"at the beginning of each chapter.
What about the oldest Quran how is it beginning?

When a Revalation came down to the Prophet in fractions,for example a part was revealed in Mecca an another part in Medina .Did he recited to the People the words,by putting a distinction by each Part of it or did he always use the Basmala as a formula?

In Sura27 we get to know that Prophet Salomo(php) is sending a Letter with this Formula which is no Revelation rather he adresses the People of Saba to capitulate.

Any Secondary Source for the Usage of Introductions in Speech/letters in ancient Arabia?

Best regards

Ps.:Sorry for my writings ,English is not my mothertongue.

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »
Salaam.

The Imam (Prayer leader) who considers Basmala as part of the first Sura, reads it aloud in Salat.

As for the controversy of it being part of Sura I, I thought about it. I found that those who think that Basmala is part of Sura I, invariably recite it in the beginning of Sura I.

Meaning, the reciter is beginning to read what follows, in the name of Allah, the Beneficent, Most Merciful.

What follows, begins with the words, Al Hamdu Lillah. In fact, the Whole Qur'an starts with the words: Al Hamdu Lillah!

He who does not recite Basmala, also begins with the words: Al Hamdu Lillah! (although he does not recite Basmala.)

Therefore, for me, the controversy means nothing.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »
It doesn´t matter for me either if someone recite it with or without the Basmala but for some People i think life would be more relaxt to know that the Basmala is not part of the Book.There are People who wanted to convince me that the Quran has 6666 Ayats but thats not correct .

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:51 AM »
Salaam.

All copies of the Qur'an contain the same text, end to end. People have differed as to where each verse begins, and, as to where each verse ends. That is how the differences in the count.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »
While I was talking to a scholar he said that the fact that Surah Tauba does not begin with Bismillah while all the other 113 Surahs begin with it proved that it is part of revealation. Hanafis say it is not part of revealation but Shafies say it is part of Revealation
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »
Salaam Sidar,
Well actually there two chapters without an introduction of the Basmalah.If you look in most Quranic books sura al-fatiha has no introduction of the basmalah,its numeration makes it part of the chapter in contrary to the other suras where the basmalah is not part as vers number 1.
But there are hadiths which tell that the basmalah is no part of the Quran at all

Anas ibn Malik (Allah be well pleased with him) said, 

I prayed with the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace), Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, and ‘Uthman, and they opened with "al-Hamdu li Llahi Rabbi l-‘Alamin,"not mentioning "Bismi Llahi r-Rahmani r-Rahim" at the first of the recital or the last of it [and in another version, "I didn’t hear any of them recite ‘Bismi Llahi r-Rahmani r-Rahim’"] (Muslim, 1.299).
The question is:how can we now that the form of quran today is the same like in the early hours of compilation,because there numerous ahdith which say this chapter was once longer or hadith about missing verses.

best regards

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 02:47:24 AM »
Salaam.

According to Al Qur'an, the Queen of Sheba read King Solomon's letter to her Nobles.

She began: "In the name of Allah.."

What Solomon actually wanted to convey, followed.

Similarly, in spite of the Basmala, what God wants to convey to us, follows the Basmala.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 05:13:46 AM »
Salam,
Thank you for you quick answer.
That the Beginnig of Sura 9 is not starting with this formula is no Proof that this is part of the divinely words.I have heard about Northafrican Quransamples who have no "Basmala"at the beginning of each chapter.
What about the oldest Quran how is it beginning?

When a Revalation came down to the Prophet in fractions,for example a part was revealed in Mecca an another part in Medina .Did he recited to the People the words,by putting a distinction by each Part of it or did he always use the Basmala as a formula?

In Sura27 we get to know that Prophet Salomo(php) is sending a Letter with this Formula which is no Revelation rather he adresses the People of Saba to capitulate.

Any Secondary Source for the Usage of Introductions in Speech/letters in ancient Arabia?

Best regards

Ps.:Sorry for my writings ,English is not my mothertongue.
What i wanted to say is that the basmalh in the letter is not a Revelation on Salomo(pbuh)but rather an introduction.Of course it is a Revelation on Prophet Muhamed(pbuh).
wa salam