Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How to Teach Young Children

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
How to Teach Young Children
« on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »
Selam alleykum, after a long journey "seeking for the truth" I found your amazing website. I Hope You Are able To help me namely do you have any ideas where can get any religious guidelines (only quran) how To teach my small kids (9,6,3) the real or True Islam. My husband is a sunnit and dont Know too much about Islam but what he know is that his parents and forfathers are right and not my idea to belive only in the quran . Hope you will find a second To answer. Thank you...

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: How to Teach Young Children
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:33 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam

Thank you for your kind words.

My best advice would be to continue studying the Quran as much as possible for yourself as I am sure you are doing. Then extract the wisdom from its narratives, particularly the stories in the Quran and present them with a view to teach your children according to their ages. This way, they will gain increasing familiarity with the Quran's guidance and you will have an opportunity to ponder deeper.

As you know, there are beautiful stories in the Quran. I would also be inclined to look for material designed for children that focus on narrating stories from the Quran primarily.

As your children get older, you can always give them a Quran with an easy translation for them to read for themselves. The idea is to get them to remain focused on the Quran's verses and for them to gain complete familiarity with them. 

I believe that a parent should always teach a child 'how to think' as opposed to 'what to think'.  It is the approach that is most important. That way children who will one day become adults Insha’Allah will always be able to think and 'discern' for themselves.

I hope that helps in some small way, Insha’Allah.

Kind regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell