Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A counter to Quranists

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
Re: A counter to Quranists
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 12:21:52 AM »
Salaam.

'However in another aspect in my view, being "Qur'an-centric" is a part of what I see as the "Arabization of Islam".'

I ask, avoiding the terms, 'Qur'an-centric', etc:

Naturally, a person who believes in Qur'an will want to study it.

And, it is in the Arabic language. Inevitably, he has to delve into the nuances of the language, at least with respect to the Qur'an, in order to understand it.

In order to enjoy Shakespeare, we have to be well versed in the English of Shakespeare's times.

Of course, Qur'an is more than that.

Therefore, in my view, it is only that the Study of the Qur'an should not lead us to adopt any prejudices regarding languages. Qur'an itself makes this matter clear.

And, the Qur'an guides us to what is most firm and most consistent. (17:9)

Most firmly and consistently, it gives glad tidings to those who believe and do good deeds. (17:9)

Most firmly and consistently, it announces, that God has prepared for those who believe not in the Hereafter, a grievous chastisement. (17:10)

This is the same theme as in (2:62, 5:69), yet, with a special emphasis regarding the belief in the Hereafter.

No prejudice arises from the diligent and constant study and recitation of the Qur'an.

Every kind of prejudice is attributable to the step motherly treatment given to the Qur'an, as by the 'orthodox' Muslims.

The real scholars of the Divine Book, irrespective of which language it was revealed in, are not at all arrogant and prejudiced (5:82).

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 02:33:19 AM »
Salaam Ismail,

Can you please tell me what your thoughts are about verse 33:67? and 66:1?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 03:52:15 AM »
Salaam Ismail,

Can you please tell me what your thoughts are about verse 33:67? and 66:1?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 03:58:56 AM »
Salaam Sardar,

Do you have a question about my comment to Islmail?

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
Salaam.

(33:67) is about obeying leaders and elders to the detriment of obeying Divine Commandments.

This has been dwelt at length in the Qur'an, and I think, it needs no elaboration.

After all, Grandma's home-made preparations for common ailments, is very famous.

Also, every child in the world has been brought up an the belief that reverential obedience of elders and leaders is essential.

But, Qur'an stresses, even as all the Prophets of yore have stressed, that there is no doubt that people in general do know, understand, and discriminate regarding worldly matters But that they are forgetful and heedless regarding the Hereafter. (30:7)

So none of them should be trusted regarding matters regarding the Hereafter.

For, no word is trustworthy regarding the Hereafter, except the Word of God.

(66:1) is about the Prophet prohibiting upon himself something unspecified - except that God had allowed it for him -  in the Qur'an, in order to please his wives.

As a child, I had read a warning by the department of Railways, written on every passenger coach:

"Those who do not buy tickets with intention to defraud, will be prosecuted".

Similarly, if someone forbids, in religion, what God has made lawful, religion-wise, then, it is nothing but Shirk.

But God did not like even a semblance of Shirk from His Prophet. Allah's Choicest Blessings be on him.

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 12:12:28 AM »

Salaam,

I am sorry Islamil, I meant 33:37