Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: salat

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
salat
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:50:47 AM »
Salaam all,

This is the best tafsir of salat, for me so far.

"Our five daily prayers are a way to curb over-attachment to anything material. The five prayers regulate our lives with their specific timings to teach us that indeed Allah is greater than anything else that we might be occupied in at that moment. The dawn prayer teaches us that the most beloved thing to us, comfort and sleep, should not control us – so we rise up in the cold morning, wash ourselves and pray in an acknowledgement that Allah is greater than our love of comfort and sleep. The midday and afternoon prayer teaches us that no matter how engrossed we are with work or the short lunch hour that we so highly value, it’s not the purpose of our existence. So we leave it for a few minutes and stand and pray testifying that Allah is indeed greater. On Friday, we dedicate most, if not all of our lunch hour to attend the Friday sermon and prayer. The dusk prayer, that time when we’re finally home and about to spend time with our family, eat dinner or simply relax – we get up and pray together to confirm that Allah is Greater than any of that. Finally the night prayer, Isha’ – when we’re tired after a long day of work and responsibilities ready to fall into bed and sleep, we pray again proving that submitting to Allah is greater than falling into the warm bed. All these serve as constant reminders to us that as much as we love life, we live for a higher purpose."

(Mansoor Ahmed)

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: salat
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:38:27 AM »
peace,

The best tafsir in my view is The Quran itself. Contrary to what a sizeable number of people think, The Quran tells us a lot about salat.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:51 AM »
Peace Wakas,

Thank you for listing the "additional information on salat according to the Quran" which satisfy the needs of my 'body and mind'. What I posted satisfy my spiritual needs.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »
Greetings all.

Allow me to give another " tafseer" for salat:

GOD wishes no hardship imposed on us in practicing our religion. Any suggestion in mythology as to how to perform some of the details that move us in the direction of making the religion difficult, cannot be from GOD and is not approved by Him. 

It is simple, intention to do your "salat" then follow Qoran:

GOD says in Qoran [5:6] when you observe the "salat":
1. Wash your face, and we have 1 face.
2. Wash your arms to the elbow, and we have 2 arms.
3. Wipe your head, and we have 1 head.
4. Wipe/Wash your feet to the ankles, and we have 2 feet.

1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 6
Before performing our  5 daily "salat", we do the above 6 actions in our ablution. This is why Almighty GOD has placed the instruction for ablution in 5:6. People should be able to do these actions comfortably, without any hardship( and if they cannot, they use "dry ablution"-Tayammum"). People are men, women, left-handed, right-handed, tall, short, fat, skinny, and all sort of other things. How to do "salat" is well preserved for generations confirmed by Qoran.

In regard to our feet, some people might say that the Quran says we should wipe our feet to the ankles instead of washing them. GOD says that He loves those who are clean. The believers should use their own judgment, this is a test for all of us. We must not create division between ourselves dueling on this issue. Regardless of washing our feet or wiping them, GOD will not throw our "salat" to waist.

Our intention  and timing must be resolute and  our "salat" must be dedicated to GOD ALONE.

God bless you all.

Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Armanaziz

• Arman Aziz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »
Salamun Alaikum.

Just one small note to the initial post by HOPE. I feel the statement that you quoted is a bit problematic in view of Al Qur'an 2:185 "... Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship..." Though this was mentioned with respect to Siam, the statement is general and should carry a general guideline. I feel the salat rituals should be better viewed as our facilitator to stay focused in our deen - not as "trial" to forsake comfort and convenience.

May Allah guide us all to straight route.

Best regards,
Arman
Indeed I have faced my face to the One who farmed the heavens and the earth in precision; and I do not happen to be among the ones associating partners (with Him).

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
Salam Bro Aziz,What Sister Hope wrote about Salath is hundred per cent true.But as you said Allah does not intend  to ease & not intend for us hardship is for Siam & not for Salath. Performance of Siam & Salath are different &  why do you mix it which Allah did not say.Dear Bro you must be aware that the worldly life is not a comfort zone but a place of  trial for all of us .Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »
Shalom/peace. Not intending hardship but ease can be abused to fit anything into your desire. There are rules as well to follow and we are told to strive too. Just because someone finds salat difficult doesn't mean it wasn't prescribed. !!