Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Black cat

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Black cat
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:19:56 AM »
hello,
I would like to appeal with to a subject which is spread even today very much,namely the superstition of the misfortune by a black cat.
The subject was or is still in the western literature and also in modern films to symbolize the Bad, besides, the black cat is mostly used there because a lot of fairy tales were told their negative influence on People around , but also black dogs and crows are offered as a representation of the devil.
This superstition was one reason for subjugation of the Afro-Americans and its been not long ago when they got equal rights in Country they live.
To be honest who of ourselves has(had)not a bad feeling when a black cat crosses the street? some of the beliver of this Superstition turn around and leave quite fast the street and go somewhere else long because they have more fear of misfortune as to trust in the power of the creator.
In the Quran it is one of his signs that his creation is colourfull,in sura 30 "Ar-Rum":"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Lo! herein indeed are portents for men of knowledge. (22)
I think this can be transfered to animals too.

peace to all

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
Re: Black cat
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:20:45 AM »
Salaam,

I agree with you, ppl have weird thoughts. I always heard of this from non Muslims about the black cats, but even when I was little, I never believed in the superstition nor thought for a split second that I was going to have bad luck because I ran into a black cat. I find them to be the most beautiful cats.
I was told my Dog, who is 90% covered with black hair, and any dogs who had black fur all over, has the devil in him and the devil lives in dogs who have black hair especially on their faces by Muslims. I never once given it any thought besides they are confused and tell fairytales.

Too bad ppl are confused and follow and believe fairytales and not be able to enjoy what God created and has on earth for us to be part of their lives.

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
Salam
Yes you hit the point,it is the people not the religion who are confused.But i put it in this section because it is connected with the Christian medieval,where you could be burnt if you had a black cat because you were suspicious to do sorcery.

It must be the differenz from the "normality" what causes an attention to this special form of colour(black sheep in the herd).And the fact that people are afraid of things they are not common with they use a simple comparison with the night.

If you search you can find this belief around the world so in the past arabia that maybe explain ahadith like this:
Sahih Muslim

#3813 - Abu Zubair heard Jabir Abdullah saying: Allah's messenger ordered us
 to kill dogs and we carried out this order so much so that we also killed
 the dog roaming with a women from the desert. Then Allah's apostle forbade
 their killing. He said: "It is your duty to kill the jet-black (dog)
 having two spots (on the eyes) for it is a devil.

You can find also the contrary form of fortune going along with albinism in Africa even today.People get killed of their lack of Melantonin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otpb5s97uYw

regards

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:32:50 PM »
I would like to end this thread from my side with this Quote.
"Sura al-Fatir"

"Hast thou not seen that Allah causeth water to fall from the sky, and We produce therewith fruit of divers hues; and among the hills are streaks white and red, of divers hues, and (others) raven-black; (27) And of men and beasts and cattle, in like manner, divers hues? The erudite among His bondmen fear Allah alone. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Forgiving. (28)

peace