Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Taking Care of one's self

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Taking Care of one's self
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:57:46 AM »
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا عَلَيْكُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ

O you who believe, take care of your own selves. [translation by Mufti Taqi Usmani] [5:105]
Salam All , I wanted to know if Allah wants us to take care of our health & asked my friend who sent me the above Ayaat where Allah asks the Momineen to take care of themselves but I feel it may not be about Health. Nowadays I see some of the Muslim Bros do not take care if themselves. Some become fat by not observing thei diet, some Smoke , some chew Tobacco,in some way or other some people do not take care of their health. I just want to know if Allah asks us to take care of our health?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
Re: Taking Care of one's self
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
Salaam Sarder,

It is about mainly blind following what was told to them, taught to them and guidance imparted for the living and before the Day of Judgment.  Verse 5:105 goes along with the previous verse, 5:104.

5:104 And when it is said to them, "Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger," they say, "Sufficient for us is that upon which we found our fathers." Even though their fathers knew nothing, nor were they rightly guided.

5:105  O you who have believed, upon you is [responsibility for] yourselves/souls. Those who have gone astray will not harm you when you have been guided. To Allah is you return all together; then He will inform you of what you used to do.

This is my opinion how I have come to understand it.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Taking Care of one's self
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »
Thank you Sister for pointing out. One of my friends sent me this Ayaat but it does not fit into take care of yourself.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light