Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: prayer

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
prayer
« on: March 14, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph

Salam

found your website very useful. Hope and pray that Allah will reward you for your good attempt.

Due to physical problem i used to sit on a chair during my prayer. Is it permissible? With this type of problem how can someone join in congressional prayer?

Regards.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: prayer
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:19:39 PM »
Salam Br Munir Rana, Welcome to QM Forum. Nowadays scores of Muslims are using chairs in all congregational prayers. As  a matter of fact in some mosques the management has set apart some place to keep chairs for such people. Normally the chairs are kept in line in the side ways in the mosque. Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline AbbsRay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 05:37:52 AM »
Salamun Alaikum Munir Rana,

Allah does not burden a soul beyond its ability as mentioned many times in the Quran. Most importantly, Allah knows your capabilities and truly what is in your heart.

I would imagine every mosque would have chairs, and many do use them who are not able to stand up, bow or prostate.

In my opinion is very permissible, I know someone who Is on a bed 24/7 on life support for the past 5 years who even is unable to talk, or move at all, but is awake and prays to Allah from their heart when ever she hears the Azan.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »
Wa alaikum assalam brother Munir,

Thank you for your kind words, Alhumdolillah and welcome to the forum.

As kind readers have already intimated on this thread, the Quran only expects religious duties to be fulfilled to the best of one's abilities.

064:016
“So keep your duty to God as best you can / what you are able (Arabic: ma is’tata’tum), and listen, and obey, and spend; that is better for your souls. And whoso is saved from his own greed, such are the successful”

The Arabic word 'istata'a' means to be able, can or to be capable of. Therefore, given the above verse, one is only expected to do the best they can whilst striving in the way of God.

In congregation, I have also noted those who find it difficult to pray normally, to make use of chairs or other such aids.

Even during my visit as far away as 'Beijing, China at the Niujie Mosque, I noted chairs being made use by some to pray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-Pm3FOAwU

I cannot see this approach contradicting the Quran in any way.

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCES:

[1] DO THE BEST YOU CAN WITH SINCERITY
http://quransmessage.com/articles/best%20you%20can%20FM3.htm
[2] NIUJIE (OX STREET) MOSQUE, BEIJING, CHINA
http://quransmessage.com/travelogues/niujie-beijing%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell