Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Do we have to refer Dictionaries to understand the meanings of Quranic Ayaat?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
The present trend is to come up with different meanings of Quranic Ayaat by going through the different Dictionaries.Bro Asad has gone to Arabia & lived with Arab folks and therefore had come up with the real meanings of Ayaat.But nowadays  the trend is to go through the dictionaries  and come up with different meanings which takes out the essence of Quran.Further, explain the Ayaat by adding their own words which is highly obiectionable.They use brackets and write their words. Many kinds of interpolations are done to bring  out their own view.This is sinful act. The present reader is confused as which translaion to follow ? Can somebody give a guideline to follow the Word of God? Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Salaam Sardar, Well.... would you ever ask someone who can't speak Urdu to understand Mirza Ghalib by giving them a dictionary? Would you? Don't get me wrong, but dictionaries have a prupose but not as a substitute of learning the language. Dictionary alone is very dangerous I think. What I do is simply compare translations and use a word-word reference and leave it to Allah to guide me ....Word-word helps as you know when people are unnecessarily inserting words or twisting meanings. Someone once told me when people give long explanations to simple things, then know there is something not quite right.... Saba

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Greetings Sardar.

Qoran is a unique book, full of miracles, full of guidance and full of light. One of the unique characters of the Quran is that while it is a book of guidance to the sincere believers it would misguide those who are not sincere in seeking the truth.

This is is no more than God fulfilling His promise to give the humans what they asked for, take the full responsibility to choose freely and decide to accept Him or not.

We should not be taken by surprise when we find others reading the same verses or read about the miracle of the Qoran and get nothing out of them or even get the opposite understanding. It is God's system, "No compulsion in religion" 2:256

We all know that there are over 1.5 billion Muslims around the world who read the same Qoran  but most of them get nothing out of it or get a distorted meaning and understanding supported by corrupted scholars or others who are misguided because they chose to ignore God's teaching in the Qoran and go after man-made books  .

[Qoran 17:82] We send down in the Qoran healing and mercy for the believers. At the same time, it only increases the wickedness of the transgressors.

[Qoran 5:68] Say, "O people of the scripture, you have no basis until you uphold the Torah, and the Gospel, and what is sent down to you herein from your Lord." For sure, these revelations from your Lord will cause many of them to plunge deeper into transgression and disbelief. Therefore, do not feel sorry for the disbelieving people.

[Qoran 16:9] God points out the PATHS, including the wrong ones. If He willed, He could have guided all of you.

[Qoran 76:3] We showed him the two PATHS, then, he is either appreciative, or unappreciative.

[Qoran 90:10] Did we not show him the two PATHS?

Do not trust any translation (including this one!). Trust only in GOD.Keep checking brother and study.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197