Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What are your reasons for only upholding the Quran?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
What are your reasons for only upholding the Quran?
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »
Dear Joseph,

What are your reasons for only upholding the Quran in terms of 'religious' guidance?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: What are your reasons for only upholding the Quran?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10:47 AM »
Dear Reader,

Salamun Alaikum.

From my own humble, yet ardent research, I find the Quran gives absolutely no authority to any other source to be used in conjunction with it and that it stands alone for sole 'religious' guidance as ordained by God.

"Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than God? - when He it is Who has revealed to you the Book, explained in detail (Arabic: Mufassalan)". They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it has been sent down from thy Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt"

045:006          
"These are verses of God (Arabic: ayat-ullah) that We recite to you with truth. Then, in what HADITH (Arabic word: Hadithin) after God and His verses (Arabic: Ayati) do they believe?"

THE QURAN STANDS ALONE AS SOLE RELIGIOUS GUIDANCE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/quran%20sole%20guidance%20FM3.htm

For me the Book of God is complete for religious guidance. I will stand in front of the Lord and say I relied on a word which I knew was from Him. Like a goodly word (kalimatan tayyibatan), which gave me foundation like a goodly tree (14:24). I never relied on the works of men that were written 100's of years later which God showed me through His various means, their weaknesses in transmission, their contradictions, some of their sordid narratives. He showed me from the Quran that it merely took 40 nights for Prophet Moses (pbuh) to be away from his people and they worshipped a calf. This was while Prophet Aaron (pbuh) was amongst them and they had witnessed miracles such as the parting of the sea.

He showed me how quickly the Christians only after a few centuries turned Prophet Jesus into God and split God's essence into 3. He showed me through the Quran repeatedly that people have always turned back on their heels after guidance comes to them and depart from scripture. That they rely on the traditions of their forefathers.

He showed me through the scripture that if one does not judge by the scripture they are kaffirs (5:44); zalims (5:45) and fasiqs (5:47). He showed me that on the Day of Judgment the only complaint the messenger would have would be that his 'qawm' had forsaken the Quran (25:30). He showed me through numerous proofs that the Quran was alone in authority.

I never want to be in a position to say to my Lord that I relied on the traditions of my forefathers despite He having manifested the truth of the matter with all these signs and more. Otherwise I would have truly disbelieved (kufr) in His word. Only our Lord can truly guide.

Your brother,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell