Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Allah 'Al-Mudel' - A Deceiver?

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Is Allah 'Al-Mudel' - A Deceiver?
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:54:04 PM »
Salaam brother Joseph

I hope all is well

I have a few questions which need some light shedding on as I was talking to a non Muslim friend he pointed out that Allah has called himself al-mudel now he tells me that it the the deceiver I wasn't sure as I haven't come across this yet, is this assumption true ?

And there's a popular phrase repeated many times in the quran If god GUIDES no one can misguide and if god MISGUIDES then no one can guide... Brother is this not implementing that god misguides people ???

Please response brother I'm just a student looking for answers !!

Thanks bro

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Is Allah 'Al-Mudel' - A Deceiver?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:04:47 AM »
Wa alaikum assalam

I always humbly advise that those that seek to sincerely learn the religion given to Prophet Muhammad and his people should foremost study the Quran for themselves and should initially curtail discussions regarding their religion with those who clearly have a theological axe to grind against that religion. This will only lead to utter confusion. No Christian would be advised to learn their religion from a ‘die hard critic’ of Christianity and the same applies to other religions. Of course once one is grounded themselves with established principles having studied the sources of the religion for themselves, then of course they can discuss / debate the matter with others in detail but to start engaging with polemics from the outset when one is not grounded themselves will only lead to confusion or potential misguidance.

God has many names in the Quran and 'Al-Mudel' to infer a ‘Deceiver’ is not one of them. Please see [1] below.

The concept of '99' names is from Islamic secondary sources and not from the Quran. Furthermore, 'Al-Mudel' that is sourced from secondary sources is a reference to the One who has power to give disgrace. In the end, no creation of God can do anything without God’s will. Therefore, even Satan has been given the right to deceive, a permission granted by God for reasons clearly stated throughout scriptures.

017:064-65
"Lead to destruction those whom you can among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. As for My servants, no authority shall you have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs"

"No authority has he over those who believe and put their trust in their Lord"

017:065
"As for My servants, no authority shall you have over them:" Enough is thy Lord for a Disposer of affairs"

"Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified."

As with regards the phrase 'yudillu'llahu man yashai wayahdi man yashau' (God lets go astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills), the Quran makes it absolutely clear that it is those that have denied clear proof once it has become clearly manifested to them (kufr) and then their hearts become sealed. In the end, only God can decide when that moment of complete manifestation of truth has been reached. It is noteworthy from a scriptural perspective, that in the past nations were utterly destroyed when they denied clearly proofs manifested to them. This has always been God's 'Sunna', His way.

“On account of their arrogance in the land and their plotting of evil, but the plotting of evil will only encompass its own people. Now are they but waiting for the way the ancients were dealt with (Arabic: Sunnata Awalina)? But no change will you find in God's way (Arabic: Sunnata-llahi): and never will you find in God's way (Arabic: Sunnata-llahi) any change"

Please see articles [2] & [3] below which clearly explains this concept from the Quran.

This can also be seen in verses such as 74:31 where it is clear that those who are allowed to go astray are from those whose hearts is a disease and those who have disbelieved on their own account once the truth was manifested to them. The whole purpose of scriptures with guidance would become futile if humans were simply chosen randomly on whether or not they should receive guidance. Nothing in God’s actions is ‘random’. Rather, His will is twinned with absolute wisdom. Humans are not ‘automatons’ and the need to provide them guidance recognises the volition that they can exercise to accept or reject that guidance.

Finally, the Quran spends dedicated passages singling out Satan and his minions as those who deceive mankind and remain clearly rebuked throughout the Quran [4]. Therefore, any intimation that God simply deceives on a random basis on mere sport and by insinuation, is therefore Satan himself in disguise is evidently preposterous. Throughout the Quran, ‘Allah’ speaks of Himself as God of the Universe and even speaks of the Christian and Jewish Arabs during prophet Muhammad’s ministry all recognising Him ('Allah') as their God (2:116, 5:18) [5]

Sadly, when certain individuals are 'hell-bent' (no pun intended) to take isolated passages from the Quran, misread them out of context and mix them with dubious narratives from Islamic secondary sources, what will one honestly think the result will be? Who is then the real deceiver?

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCES:

[1] GOD ALMIGHTY
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/297057980431336
[2] UNDERSTANDING 'KUFR' (DISBELIEF) FROM A QURANIC PERSPECTIVE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20kufr%20FM3.htm
[3] UNDERSTANDING THE TERM 'SUNNA' FROM A QURAN'S PERSPECTIVE
http://quransmessage.com/articles/understanding%20the%20sunna%20from%20a%20quran's%20perspective%20FM3.htm
[4] SATAN'S GUILE - DARK FORCES OF EVIL
http://quransmessage.com/articles/satans%20guile%20FM3.htm
[5] ‘ALLAH’ IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE NAME FOR GOD
http://quransmessage.com/articles/allah%20is%20not%20an%20exclusive%20name%20for%20god%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell