Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sura 2:28

Offline Aminul Chowdhury

• View Profile
Sura 2:28
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:01:23 AM »
While reading the above ayat where Allah(SWT) said that we were lifeless (dead) before he gave us life.  Now in order to be dead at the first instance, we were alive.  Does it means that Hinduism belief in reincarnation is possible ?  I wish to get enlightenment on this issue.

Offline optimist

• View Profile
Re: Sura 2:28
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 04:28:33 AM »
This  verse explains only these stages we were lifeless and nothing أَمْوَاتًا .....God created us....we will die and given life again.  It is not necessary that there should be a life earlier when Allah says we were أَمْوَاتًا “dead” ....it is a stage when we were created from mud.   We weren’t alive before it, that was our first time being alive.

We are not to die [again,] beyond our previous death (37:58)

Nor will they there taste Death, except the first death (they had encountered earlier). (44:56)
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
Dear Optimist,

Are we are going to be resurected with our curent Body, meaning same hair colour,weight etc.? 

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 10:09:59 PM »
Greetings Aminul.

First, we need to ponder Qoran to understand what is " death"?

For example GOD said:
6:60
He is the One who puts you to death during the night, and knows even the smallest of your actions during the day. He resurrects you every morning, until your life span is fulfilled, then to Him is your ultimate return. He will then inform you of everything you had done.
وَهُوَ الَّذى يَتَوَفّىٰكُم بِالَّيلِ وَيَعلَمُ ما جَرَحتُم بِالنَّهارِ ثُمَّ يَبعَثُكُم فيهِ لِيُقضىٰ أَجَلٌ مُسَمًّى ثُمَّ إِلَيهِ مَرجِعُكُم ثُمَّ يُنَبِّئُكُم بِما كُنتُم تَعمَلونَ

This is to show us that death is like sleep.
As far as  past life, Qoran also explains this to us:

38:67
Say, "Here is awesome news.
قُل هُوَ نَبَؤٌا۟ عَظيمٌ
38:68
"That you are totally oblivious to
أَنتُم عَنهُ مُعرِضونَ
38:69
"I had no knowledge previously, about the feud in the High Society.*
ما كانَ لِىَ مِن عِلمٍ بِالمَلَإِ الأَعلىٰ إِذ يَختَصِمونَ

We must have existed before this life? Why? Because we Are Born with Instinctive Knowledge About God* i.e A covenant.

7:172
Recall that your Lord summoned all the descendants of Adam, and had them bear witness for themselves: "Am I not your Lord?" They all said, "Yes. We bear witness." Thus, you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, "We were not aware of this."
وَإِذ أَخَذَ رَبُّكَ مِن بَنى ءادَمَ مِن ظُهورِهِم ذُرِّيَّتَهُم وَأَشهَدَهُم عَلىٰ أَنفُسِهِم أَلَستُ بِرَبِّكُم قالوا بَلىٰ شَهِدنا أَن تَقولوا يَومَ القِيٰمَةِ إِنّا كُنّا عَن هٰذا غٰفِلينَ

36:60
Did I not covenant with you, O Children of Adam, that you shall not worship the devil? That he is your most ardent enemy?
أَلَم أَعهَد إِلَيكُم يٰبَنى ءادَمَ أَن لا تَعبُدُوا الشَّيطٰنَ إِنَّهُ لَكُم عَدُوٌّ مُبينٌ

In my opinion that is the only way " Original sin" will make sense?
43:5
Should we just ignore the fact that you have transgressed the limits?*
أَفَنَضرِبُ عَنكُمُ الذِّكرَ صَفحًا أَن كُنتُم قَومًا مُسرِفينَ

The Plan for Redemption ,is that we are given this chance/life to correct/or not?

Qoran then goes on to explain how to earn your salvation for another life after this one.

GOD bless you.
Peace.

Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »
Salam Goodlogic,
So your Position is pro reincarnation as far as i understood your last post,our life ending is like when we are going to sleep and waking up in another life and the dream we have through this process is (day of resurrection) the feud in the highsociety.

may peace be with you

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:38:52 AM »
Greetings Deliverance.

Not quite as you put it.

I believe we had a past life. In what shape/form... We will remember on the day of judgement.

After the feud, our rebellion/opposing GOD/doubting His authority/siding with Satan, we were put to death. We were then brought up to this life as humans, to be given a last chance to repent and redeem ourselves back to GOD s kingdom.

There will be , after this life, a day of resurrection/reckoning ,then another life..

That is what I meant to convey/say . Of course check Qoran as per [17:36].

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197