Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why do Qur'anists have different and weird beliefs/interpretation of the Qur'an?

Offline IjazAhmad

• View Profile
Salamun Alaikum Br. Jospeh! :)

Many Qur'anists have really weird beliefs and interpretations of the Qur'an (no offence intended to the Qur'anists). Many Muslims read the Qur'an, but why are everyone believing it/following it in a different way if the Qur'an is easy to understand? Some Qur'anists believe:

• There is no 'real' hell and heaven.
  • They believe that Malaika are universal forces. This is from a Qur'anist website:
    When Allah says: “Jibrael (Malaika) brings down the revelation to your hearts” (2:97), it is NOT an angel with wings that does so. It is only a natural phenomenon that whenever you study the book with interest and conviction, the force Jibrael brings down the revelation to you. It is automatic! Just like a pen is bound to fall if it is dropped! No “angel brings it down”. Malaika praise Allah by carrying out his commands in the universe, not by humming his Praises. He is FAR above what we attribute to Him. He does not need our Praise. He only wants us to acknowledge His existence, follow his commands (to attain peace) and stay connected with Him (Salat) for our own betterment!
  • Ka'ba is a pagan shrine and is shirk to bow towards it. (They say: Ka'ba means something else and the Qur'an does not say that Ka'ba is a cuboid structure in the desert.)
  • Some believe that Salat is 'Establishing the commandments' or connection with God (without any ritualictic pagan robotic movement.) 

Do you have any rebuttals to the Qur'anists? And, what are your thoughts on the above points?
I think there is a verse in the Qur'an that says: 'This book (Qur'an) can guide and misguide' - Is there such a verse in the Qur'an?

Can you in the near future write rebuttals? So, we who have the Qur'an-centric approach may not be confused, their arguments are "good". I hope you understand  :) - I've a Qur'anist friend and she made me think that the Ka'ba is a pagan shrine and I don't anymore. .

Wassalam!
Ijaz, A.

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
Dear Brother

Some fringe Quran centric people offer their own unique interpretations, and we don't have to agree with them. Each one of us would be accountable for what we believe.

We are all responsible for our own efforts as students to understand Allah's Word and as long as we don't insist that our word is the last word, together through discussions and  through respectful exchange of ideas (on forums such as this one) we aim and hope to at better understanding of Allah's Book.

Regards

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Off late Muslims have been trying to coin new terms which may lead to further sectarian divide. Some say Quranist, some say Quran Centeric,some say Quran oriented. This is not right.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Salaam,

Joseph has had many a debate and refutation with these cultish "Quran" only followers.
I remember that he gave in depth logical arguments to these people but I have to say that they are so far gone and self serving that they have become deaf and blind.

If I can find some of those conversations, I will post them here InshAllah