Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Assalamu Alaykum brother :) - From Australia

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
Assalamu Alaykum brother :) - From Australia
« on: August 15, 2014, 05:06:44 AM »
Salamun alaykum my brother is Islam,

How are you brother Joseph? Alhamdullillah, I'm a brother from Australia who's had the pleasure of reading many of the wonderful articles on your website. I come from a typical traditionalist Muslim family and have been asking many questions about our beautiful religion. Over time I began to question my beliefs and some of the widely known practices of our Deen. Alhamdullillah, I've had the honor and pleasure of reading the Holy Qur'an both in arabic and english without all those huge volumes of Tafseers, Fiqh books, and Hadeeth. And Allah (Sunhannahu Wa Ta'alaa) has proven to me without a shadow of a doubt that this book is indeed from Him! But unfortunately I cannot say the same about the world of Hadeeth literature.

I've had so many troubles, difficulties and confusion regarding hadeeth! Especially of those found in Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi, bu Dawood, etc. Although, I personally find the so-called science of hadeeth as a praiseworthy thing. I understand that these great scholars of the passed have dedicated their lives to collecting these sayings of the prohpet (pbuh) but I find so many flaws in these books and they are too many to list here. For a long time I've had these questions in the back of my mind which I wouldn't dare ask our local Imams or even talk about them with my friends.

Some examples are: stoning an adulterer to death, executing an apostate, abrogation of Quranic verses, having sexual relations with slaves, the idea of a Dajjal, the Mehdi, and the return of Jesus (AS). But I personally cannot find anything in the Holy Qur'an that relates to these matters! Of course I'm no scholar and I don't know that arabic language but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if these matters mentioned above are so important and is a matter of us going to hell or paradise, then why aren't these things mentioned in the Qur'an? it's reported that the prophet (pbuh) said: "all the prophets warned their people about the Dajjal" but the Qur'an never mentions it! I find this very strange indeed.

Anyway, I don't want to take up to much of your time brother Joseph but I must admit, your articles have really opened up my mind and made me think in a different light. May Allah bless you and your family. And by the way, I've also been reading some articles from another web sight by a brother named of Louay Fatoohi. MashaAllah he is also a very open minded and intelligent brother.

Keep up the great work brother and Baarak Allahu Feek :)

Salaam :)