Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ayat 81:24

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Ayat 81:24
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:19:18 AM »
Assalam, Can someone clarify this Ayat 81:24 which says that our prophet knew the future events. Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
Re: Ayat 81:24
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:42:52 AM »
Salam Sardar,
None of the translations i have say that he knew the unseen. The all say he didn't know the unseen.

Sahih International
And Muhammad is not a withholder of [knowledge of] the unseen.

Pickthall
And he is not avid of the Unseen.

Muhsin Khan
And he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) withholds not a knowledge of the unseen.

Yusuf Ali
Neither doth he withhold grudgingly a knowledge of the Unseen.

Shakir
Nor of the unseen is he a tenacious concealer.

If you have any other translation which i'm not aware of, let me know.
Seraphina
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 03:09:44 AM »
I read an Urdu translation & podted English transnational  while myself do not know as to what is "Unseen" Can you describe as what is Unseen? Thanks

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 03:15:33 AM »
Salaam Sardar Miyan,

I agree with sister Seraphina. The verse you quoted is NOT saying prophet Muhammad (pbuh) can see into the future.
The word "Unseen" simply mean 'cannot be seen'.

Hope that helps.

Peace.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 03:51:23 AM »
ThanksBro & sister Seraphina

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:57:43 AM »
No need to thank me brother Sardar :) , if this helps, about the term "ghaib" The unseen / unknown
The word "unseen" means anything which us humans cant see and cant know, be it from the past or from the future. For example, when Allah in the Quran tells us a story about a past nation or prophet, in the end He often says something like "These We reveal to you from the unseen, you had no knowledge of them before". Or, when talking about the Hour and its time, its a future event and noone knows it except God, and God never revealed it to any of His prophets, or other creatures, because that forms part of the "unseen". Now, knowing something from the unseen, and knowing the unseen, its not the same thing. Prophets knew something from it (from the unseen) only when Allah revealed it to them, often as a sign of prophethood for their people. But none of people or angels or jinns knew or knows the unseen as a whole, it belongs to Allah only.

And by the way, please make sure the translations you use is trustful :)
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."