Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Spreading Islamic Knowledge

Offline zara

• View Profile
Spreading Islamic Knowledge
« on: November 24, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »
Assalamu alaikum everyone,
Please for give me if my question has already been discussed before,i haven't read everything on the site yet.A few months ago i was going though a crisis of faith,and in my search for answers i came across this website.I started reading an interpretation of the quran because i was only able to recite the arabic version without actually knowing what anything meant.Alhamdulillah,with contstant prayers for guidance i am discovering what my faith is really all about.
I guess my question is,from the qurans perspective;will i be committing a grave sin if i do not share my newfound knowledge with my family and friends?I am afraid that a lot of my current views would be considered almost blasphemous by most of the people i know.
Thank you and may Allah continue to help all of us understand the Quran.
zara.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading Islamic Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:18:40 AM »
Salaam Zara,

Alhamdulillah it is wonderfeul that you are trying to learn about the faith and read the Quran. I would not say it is sinful, but you will naturally over time find yourself wanting to share your viewpint with others, especially if you see them practising something that is not in the spirit of the faith. You should tackle each person individually though as some people will be outright hostile and you will have to be wary of them.

The starting point should be with the Quran as the talking point because this is common to all Muslims. Initially it is best just to encourage your friends and family to read the Quran in a language that they understand. You could gently try to make them understand the importance  of them reading it for themselves, that it will increase their knowledge and that can only be a plus.

So when inevitabley topics do crop up, you all at least can discuss the matter on an equal platform.  :)

Offline zara

• View Profile
Re: Spreading Islamic Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply,I really appreciate it.