Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is driving a car allowed?

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Is driving a car allowed?
« on: February 14, 2015, 01:57:49 AM »
Salam aleikum,

As i didn't find anything on this Forum about i start this thread.

Is driving a car allowed according to Islam or not cause Car Crashes are a World Wide Problem. According to the World Health Organization there are about 1.2 million People killed in traffic accidents every year, 10 Million are People Injured, costing an estimated $520 Billion.

What is your opinion  Joseph about it should we leave the car as long as there no solution for a saver traffic and use instead other ways of Transportation?Isin't it allowed to hurt others according to Islam?

All the best

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Re: Is driving a car allowed?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:14:57 AM »
Asalamu Alykum

Dear Deliverance

Wouldn't it be logical to think the same thing about any other sort of transportation. Riding horses or pulling carts. Riding bikes airplanes etc. I think if everyone does things safe and regulate safe precautions I would say its a blessing that we have different ways of travelling.  However we all one day will die. And no one knows how or when. As long as we do our best to exercise things in a well safe manner we the rest and trust to God.
Insha'Allah

I thought id give my thought if it helps a little God willing

Peace and respect

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:42:02 AM »
It is statistical fact that driving car is the most dangerous tool of Transportation.

http://donsnotes.com/travel/train-plane-car.html

So if you can choose between Train or plane isn't islamic to choose the car?

If you live on the land without an structure of Transportation thats a different Thing,i am talking about People who can choose between other safier transportations.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:06:02 AM »
Dear Deliverance,

As-salamu alaykum

This is not an 'Islamic' question per se and with respect, I am a little bemused that you have asked such a question and presented it as a 'religious' question.

God has provided forms of travel. In the time of the prophet, this included horses, mules, asses / donkeys (16:7-8), sea borne transportation (17:70) etc, so that humans could travel the lands without undue burden to themselves.

It is left to humans to govern their choices and make use of their transportation wisely with a prayer (43:13).

For example, it is my understanding that the Surface Transportation Policy Project (STPP) made available Mean Streets 2004, a study that allegedly revealed that 'walking' was the most dangerous form of transportation. It would thus be preposterous to then conclude on that basis of your reasoning, that walking was against Islam or a questionable form of transportation.

Please may I kindly request that in future, you remain mindful of asking such questions on this forum which have little to do with Islam or the Quran and presented as ‘religious’.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell