Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: My Experience with your website / materials

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
My Experience with your website / materials
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:48:37 PM »
Dear brother Joseph

I downloaded all the PDF documents of your articles from your web site and i must admit i am very much benefited from them i am from [removed] and i realized i (my religious belief and all related thoughts) was shaped not only based quran but mainly by customs and secondary sources which i was surrounded by. I would like to learn and want all the information i learnt which constitutes my religion to be based on solid understanding of quran and in that regard i find your site very informative.

Let me share a personal memory of myself with you which was not very nice from the starting of the incident.

Maybe nearly 3 or 4 months ago accidentally i stumbled upon your site and read the article of uniqueness of prophet Muhammed peace be upon him and i was alarmed as soon as you stated quran does not confirm such belief which is accepted among the main stream of muslims (ahli sunna) then automatically i wanted to challenge you and to show you how you were wrong by sending you mail after mail then you replied you don't want to be disturbed by mails in a reprimanding way stating that i actually was who sent the mails and you didn't have time to argue over e-mail. Anyway, then i stopped reading your web site because was disappointed. But i continued to read from other sources then slowly and slowly i realized there was something wrong regarding the secondary sources for example when realized how many different transcriptions of quran existed and how they were commented with parenthesis to change the meaning to justify the writer's belief (such an example was in Suratul Abasa (blind) claiming first ayats referred to a musrek not the prophet holding the opinion that prophets are without err) i remembered your site and returned back downloading all pdf documents in the article section.

I keep reading but also i wanted to join the forum in case i may ask a question or may share my opinion.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts online .

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My Experience with your website / materials
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:06 AM »
Salaam and welcome to the forum,

I am glad that you found Joseph's articles useful. I found it really difficult on a personal level initially to separate the secondary sources from the Quran as they were so intertwined. It took some time but then I saw the clearer picture and I feel that I am a lot more comfortable now with the differences.

You are most welcome  to post questions and comments here.

Thanks