Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sura 96 first Revelation?

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Sura 96 first Revelation?
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
As-salamoualeikum,

From islamic sources weget toknow that the first Revelation by the Prophet is Sura 96.The writings of this Happening are saying,that this is happend in the 27.ramadan,where upon the angel Gabriel forced the Prophet to read.
Some say that another sura was the first one but they agree that Sura96 is the first one.

What bothers me about the Story is the begining,he was forced to read and he stroke him three time and then after the torture when he was running away,he was introduced by this angel and the he is the Prophet.

If we look on other contacts with god theres is always a slight on going,with an introduction and the message and no freaking appearance like some ahadith are saying and thus the Prophet want to jump from a mountain.
For example Moses contact:

"10) But when he came to the fire, a voice was heard: "O Moses! (11) "Verily I am thy Lord! Therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa. (12) "I have chosen thee: listen then, to the inspiration (sent to thee). (13) "Verily I am Allah: there is no god but I: so serve thou Me, (only) and ...."

Or god talk with Jesus:
"109) Then will Allah say: "O Jesus, the son of Mary! recount my favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom..."

This is my humble opinion.

regards

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Sura 96 first Revelation?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 10:38:08 PM »
Dear Deliverance,

As-salamu alaykum

The Quran presents itself as a guidance, a holistic guidance with cogent narratives to convince readers of its veracity. It is not a story book which focuses on how and when revelation was received or concentrates particularly on the prophet's life.

I have discussed the first alleged revelation in the following article.

FLUID BEGINNINGS OF ASBAB UL-NAZUL
http://quransmessage.com/articles/asbab-ul-nazul%20FM3.htm

I hope this is of some help to you and other readers, God willing.
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell