Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What is Shriah?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
What is Shriah?
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:10:47 PM »
Salam All, I have not fully understood The Shriah. Does it actually based on Quran or Ahadith ? Most
of the people say it is based on Ahadith. Can some one help me to clearly understand Shriah? Thanks

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: What is Shriah?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
Is there any word Shariah in Quran?

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
Peace Sardar.

This verse:
45:18
ثُمَّ جَعَلنٰكَ عَلىٰ شَريعَةٍ مِنَ الأَمرِ فَاتَّبِعها وَلا تَتَّبِع أَهواءَ الَّذينَ لا يَعلَمونَ

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:33:35 AM »
Is there any word Shariah in Quran?

Dear brother Sardar,

As-salamu alaykum

The verb 'Shara'a' which means to ordain, to lay down a law or enact a law is found in verses 42:15, 42:21. The derivative 'shurra' from the same root, which also means openly or visibly, can be seen in verse 7:163. The meaning of Divine law can also be found in the term 'Shira'ah' as found in verse 5:48. '"To every one of you, We have appointed a right way / Divine Law...".  Goodlogic has already mentioned the word 'Shari'ah' which means an open / right / clear way in verse 45:18.

In particular, verse 5:48 cited above confirms that religious law has been appointed in its widest sense to various communities. For believers, the source of this Divine law will be the Quran (6:114; 12:111; 6:155).

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph,

If you dont mind me asking, could you point me the right way or explain the below question?

Is hukm hudud part of shariah law punishment?
ie; stoning to death of adulterers, cutting of hands for stealing and many more.

If so, what covers sharia law apart from marriage and social issues?

Assalamualaikum.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
Dear brother Adam,

As-salamu alaykum

Quranic instructions / prescriptions form the basis of 'law' for believers. Severe punishments in certain circumstances are presented by the Quran as law. (Please note that stoning to death for adulterers is not found in the Quran [1]].

I hope that clarifies, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCES:

[1] STONING FOR ADULTERY
http://quransmessage.com/articles/stoning%20FM3.htm
[2] CUTTING THE HANDS OF A THIEF - NO ORDINARY THIEF
http://quransmessage.com/articles/thief%20hands%20FM3.htm
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:15 AM »
Hi Brother Joseph,

Thank you for clarifying. but, is "hudud" ever mentioned in the Quran? In Malaysia, There is so much talk of implementing hudud (form of punishment) which includes stoning and beating. but i can't seem to find Hudud mentioned in the Quran. Maybe because i do not speak arabic. where dod this "hudud" word come from?

Have a good day ahead.

Assalamualaikum

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »
Hi Brother Joseph,

Thank you for clarifying. but, is "hudud" ever mentioned in the Quran? In Malaysia, There is so much talk of implementing hudud (form of punishment) which includes stoning and beating. but i can't seem to find Hudud mentioned in the Quran. Maybe because i do not speak arabic. where dod this "hudud" word come from?

Have a good day ahead.

Assalamualaikum

Dear brother Adam,

As-salamu alaykum

'Hudud' which is the plural of the word 'hadd' simply means bounds, limits or ordinances. This word is found in the Quran in numerous verses for example 2:187; 2:229; 2:230; 4:13-14; 9:97; 9:112; 58:4 and 65:1.

The Quran provides religious ordinances and as I have already mentioned to you, at times this is severe in certain circumstances. Once again, and I repeat, stoning to death for adultery is not a Quranic ordinance. 

I hope that clarifies, God willing
Joseph
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »
Hudud Ordinance was proglomated in Pakistan during Ziaul Haq regime which is based on Hadith in turn taken from Jewish & Chrustian beliefs. Malaysia also must be thinking but the law of punishment
Should be based on Quran only.