Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The fate of children in the hearafter

Offline HopeSeeker

• View Profile
The fate of children in the hearafter
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:31:32 AM »
Countless children all around the world face early deaths. Since God decides our times of death, what is the purpose of taking children away before they even reach the age to understand their faith? Are they only there as a trial for their parents/guardians? Will they be judged in the day of judgement and be placed in heaven/hell like adults ?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: The fate of children in the hearafter
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:14:24 AM »
Dear HopeSeeker,

As-salamu alaykum

Welcome to the forum!

When dealing with questions such as these, I humbly feel that it is important to remember one of the basic concepts in the Quran, which is proportional responsibility and accountability, arguably underscored by a dependency on one's individual intellect, experience, wider resources and manifestation of truth.

God also remains perfectly just and I am convinced that He will deal with all of mankind 'justly', without an iota of injustice, let alone a child of a few weeks, month or years.

I also believe that children can be presented as trials for their parents and others.

I hope that helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:29:03 AM »
Assalam Bro JAI you are absolutely right that it may trial for the parents but basically child's health issue & what were the factors that lead to child's early death only study in depth would reveal.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline amar yaseen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »
Salam bro & sis

Very interesting topic. Please do mind me by asking this, Where does it mentioned in AlQuran that the statement will appear ? Any supporting verse and chapter?

Thank you.

p/s: just about to learn what is Islam all about.  :)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »
What statement Bro please elaborate so that one can answer.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline amar yaseen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
MashaAllah..

Where does in AlQuran mentioned that our children can be presented as trials for their parents and others? Which chapter and verse?

How about if they (children) are not even reach their age then Allah SWT taking them away.

Please do forgive me by asking this.

Thanks bro Sardar Miyan.

Offline HopeSeeker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:20 PM »
There is no specific verse on children for this, but  there is a verse where loss of life is said to be a test for others.

2:155
Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 11:59:14 PM »
Where does in AlQuran mentioned that our children can be presented as trials for their parents and others? Which chapter and verse?

Dear Amar Yaseen

As-salamu alaykum

Please see below:

"And know that your wealth and your children (awlad) are but a trial / test / distress / hardship / dissension / temptation / persecution (fitna); and that it is God with Whom lies your highest reward"[/i]

"...your wealth and your children (awlad) are only a fitna..." (64:15)

As noted by grammarians and lexicographers:

• "Fitnatan = a burning with fire. (T.). And The melting of gold and of silver (K, TA) in order to separate, or distinguish, the bad from the good. (TA.) - And [hence, or] from فَتَنَ signifying “ he melted, ” (T,) or from that verb as signifying“ he put into the fire (Msb,) gold, and silver for that purpose, (T, Msb,) it signifies A trial, or probation; (IAar, T, S, M, K, TA;) and affliction, distress, or hardship; (TA;) and [particularly] an affliction whereby one is tried, proved, or tested: (IAar, T, S, K, TA:) this is the sum of its meaning in the language of the Arabs: (T, TA: *)" [1]

"O ye who believe! Indeed! among your spouses (Arabic: Azwajikum) and your children (awlad) there are enemies (aduw) for you, therefore beware of them. And if ye pardon and overlook and forgive, then Indeed! God is Forgiving, Merciful"

I hope that clarifies, God willing
Joseph

REFERENCE:

[1] LANE. E.W, Edward Lanes Lexicon, Williams and Norgate 1863; Librairie du Liban Beirut-Lebanon 1968, Volume 6, page 2335.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline amar yaseen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
salam bro&sis ;)

Thank you so much. I really appreciated with the statement.