Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Previous scriptures.

Offline zara

• View Profile
Previous scriptures.
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
Assalamu alaikum.

1.Please can someone advice me about where to start if I wish to study the previous scriptures.

2.I am also confused about the Injeel and the Zabur.From my reading of the Quran I understand the two to be different scriptures revealed to different messengers but,I am told that the psalms of David is part of the Bible.Does this mean the two scriptures where merged together?

Thanks.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Previous scriptures.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »
Salam sister Zara, To my knowledge Zabure does not exist. Tauraith was given to Musa while Injeel to
Jesus. As the Quran was revealed as final revelation we have to follow this only. One can read Tauraith & Injeel (Bible) for some academic interest but not as guidance since Quran has overtaken all
the previous scriptures. Thanks for sharing.By the way there was an incident when Omer Bin Khatab
told Prophet that he was reading Taurait upon which Prophet told him if Prophet Musa was to be alive
he would have to follow Quran. Moral Quran has replaced all previous Books.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Salaam Sardar Miyah,

I am not sure if the narration you used is in line with the Quran. There are verses in it which God tells the Children of Israel who were in the same community of the prophet Muhammed (pbuh), to follow their own scriptures and to be true to them.

Obviously the Quran follows on from the previous scriptures, but there is also information that would explain for example who 'Mikaeel' was as there is nothing in the Quran about him.

Zara-

There is a specific post on facebook by Joseph that may help you. It also has links to the relevant articles as well:

WHAT TORAH AND INJEEL DOES THE QURAN REFER TO?
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/138073019669585

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »
It is for Jews & Chritians to follow their Books and not for  Muslims. I do not know if Mikaail's name is there in Quran but I know Mikaeel as an Angel like Israfeel.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline zara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
Thank you for the link sister Truth seeker.