Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Spending on children with money gained from usury.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Spending on children with money gained from usury.
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:53 AM »
As salam alaykum,

Its been a while since I've posted anything. But still, I'm a regular visitor of the forums  :)

Anyway I have a question related to usury as a source of income.

If the main source of income of a family is from interest on bank savings (Usury). Should the children, upon reaching a certain age refuse to be supported by their parents because of the unlawful source of the income ? Or is it not their business where their parents get their money from ? And does this affect the legitimacy of the inheritance they get from their parents ?

Thank you

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Spending on children with money gained from usury.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:53 AM »
If the children are major enough to realize they can refuse to get share of Usary income of their parents. They can themselves try to earn halal income. The inheritance also will not be Halal but the
children have to segregate between halal income & Usary and give away the Usary portion to poor.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:48:44 AM »
Dear Sardar,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you share the Quranic verses that support your point of view ?

Thanks.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 04:13:12 AM »
The Quranic Ayaat are clears about the Usary being Haram but the children after becoming major have to refuse to share Usary income of parents and do something to earn themselves.they can reguse to share inhertance of Haram portion.All my clarification is based upon the non permissiblity of
 Usary which clearly support my point but I don't understand as to what more I have tell you except
quoting the Aya:----
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَأْكُلُواْ الرِّبَا أَضْعَافًا مُّضَاعَفَةً وَاتَّقُواْ اللّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ
3:130 O you who have believed, do not consume usury, doubled and multiplied, but fear God that you may be successful.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 05:35:01 AM »
Dear Sardar,

This verse refers to the direct consumers of usuary. In this case the parents. I am unsure if the same thing applies to the children. That's why I was asking about a supporting verse. Anyway, Thank you  :)

Salam.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »
There are several verses telling Usary is haram which applies to consumers and in the case you referred the parents are not only consumers but also their children and the responsibility falls on parents but not children so long as they are minor. But when they become major knowing the Haram
income of parents they have to refuse to share and take care of themselves. They can refuse to share
the inheritance or try to segregate portion of Usary and give sea to poor.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
In this case you have referred the direct consumers of Usary are the parents and their dependents

So long as the children are minor they can not do any thing except to live with what parents
feed but once they become major either they to refuse consume the Haram
eatable etc or earn their own Halal income as their livelihood. In case of inheritance either they can refuse to share or on sharing try to assess the Haram portion and give away to poor

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »
Dear Sardar,

Thank you for you clarification