Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: on 2:187 and 2:184

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
on 2:187 and 2:184
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:32:53 PM »
Salam

while reading The Quran a few questions came in mind. Two are as follows:

It seems that the target audience of the verse 2:187 is believer man. What's about believer women, if they want to go to their male.
(2:187 part-  It has been made lawful for you during the night of fasting to approach your women. )

In the verse 2:184 it is said that `fasting is for a limited number of days.'
But we practice it for a month. Why?

If these are already discussed in this forum, would anyone kindly forward me the links.

Thanks.

munir rana

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: on 2:187 and 2:184
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:34:18 AM »
شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَىٰ وَالْفُرْقَانِ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلَا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُوا الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
2:185
The month of Ramazan is that in which the Quran was revealed, a guidance to men and clear proofs of the guidance and the distinction; therefore whoever of you is present in the month, he shall fast therein, and whoever is sick or upon a journey, then (he shall fast) a (like) number of other days; Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire for you difficulty, and (He desires) that you should complete the number and that you should exalt the greatness of Allah for His having guided you and that you may give thanks.
The Ayah 2:185 says that whoever is present in the month one has to fast for entire month. What is problem in permitting for sex during nights ? Some people may not be comfortable if such permission is not given
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 10:40:21 PM »
peace,

Re: 2:184
There is a Quran based theory that abstinence/sawm is for days 3-10.

Re: 2:187
From my studies and knowledge of Quran, any injunction applies to both men and women, unless explicitly stated otherwise. In this case, I would consider it implicit in the statement. For example, Quran does discuss sawm for "believers" and mentions it for women 33:35
http://corpus.quran.com/qurandictionary.jsp?q=Swm

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:28:24 AM »
Bro Wakas please tell me about 2:185 which says a month.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:47:30 AM »
Bro Wakas please tell me about 2:185 which says a month.

It says "shahr".

You can read the theory I'm referring to here, although I do not necessarily agree with everything it says.

And if you have time, also reply to me here.

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 03:42:02 PM »
Salam

And thanks brother Wakas and Sardar Miyan for your responses.