Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Iteqaf during Ramazan

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Iteqaf during Ramazan
« on: July 11, 2015, 07:00:05 AM »
There is widely practiced Iteqaf during Ramazan when Muslims live in Masajid during last ten days of Ramazan taking the following Ayah into account :---
2:125
وَإِذْ جَعَلْنَا الْبَيْتَ مَثَابَةً لِّلنَّاسِ وَأَمْنًا وَاتَّخِذُوا مِن مَّقَامِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ مُصَلًّى وَعَهِدْنَا إِلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ أَن طَهِّرَا بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْعَاكِفِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُودِ
2:125
And when We made the House a pilgrimage for men and a (place of) security, and: Appoint for yourselves a place of prayer on the standing-place of Ibrahim. And We enjoined Ibrahim and Ismail saying: Purify My House for those who visit (it) and those who abide (in it) for devotion and those who bow down (and) those who prostrate themselves.
-------------------------------------
Some people say it is not right & some say it is right. Can Forum members express their opinion on this subject. Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Iteqaf during Ramazan
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
Dear brother Sardar

As-salamu alaykum

Please can I kindly and respectfully suggest that you attempt to see whether questions have been answered before posting in new threads. This website has numerous articles and a whole database of Q&As. It also has search facilities which should aid the reader to ascertain whether a question has been responded to.

As I trust you will appreciate, I have endeavoured hard to provide a comprehensive database of material on this site and I would respectfully, yet strongly encourage that users first attempt to find whether the material has been covered. This will also assist me to target my responses to cater for those matters that may not have been covered, time permitting and God willing.

Itikaaf
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=500.0

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell