Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is it possible to make a concordance

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
Is it possible to make a concordance
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
Dear Moderators

Salam

I have a problem to share with you. I don't know whether anyone else in this forum has been noticed this type of difficulties. It's not a big issue, but an issue also, at least to me.

When I want to know about a specific topic sometimes it takes time to search. First I have to go to Article section, then to Q/A. Not often the key word is shown on the list or categories of these sections. And sometimes the topic is on their with a different key word.
Hence I have a suggestion.
Is it possible to make a concordance so that a member can easily go to the subject he is looking for.

Thanks for your continuous support.

May Allah give reward you here and hereafter.

Munir Rana

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to make a concordance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
Salaam Munir Rana,

I too share your sentiment.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:36:30 PM »
Dear brother Munir / respected readers,

Wa alaikum assalam

As I trust that you will appreciate, it has taken great efforts for me to share my humble, yet comprehensive thoughts on a public space. I do appreciate that the pool of information has grown quite large over the years and I have tried to share these in topics. There are also search facilities available on both the forum and main website.

However, I do appreciate that a dedicated index / concordance would probably prove even more helpful especially one that also captures the numerous thoughts that I have respectfully shared on Facebook too.

I have a humble suggestion which may require a concerted effort.

Those kind readers who are familiar with the material could start creating an index of sorts and share as posts on this thread, certainly with the material they are familiar with. This can then further be collated into one large index database.

Please feel free to start assisting if you can and feel this is a good approach. From my humble perspective, I do feel it will prove a worthwhile endeavour for everyone's use and for an arguably worthy cause, God willing.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

Your brother in faith,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
Dear brother Joseph Islam

Salamun Alykum

Thanks for your response.

Your suggestion is nice. It will be a great pleasure to take part in such a concerted effort. Would you please set an example at first so that we can follow the procedure properly.

Thanks again.

Munir Rana

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
Dear brother Munir / respected readers,

Wa alaikum assalam

We could start the process by picking a particular topic of interest (particularly one a reader is familiar with and has researched using the QM website) and find related material to it to start indexing.

My humble efforts / material is primarily split as follows:

• Quransmessage.com articles - Split into brief topics
  • Quransmessage.com illustrations - Listed
  • Q&As - Split into brief topics
  • QM Forum posts - No topics
  • Material posted on other forums - Listed on the QM Forum Board but not split into topics
  • Numerous Facebook posts - Listed but not in topic form
  • Quransmessage.com material referenced by numerous individuals across various platforms outside the website portal

The two main search engines from the QM website (including the forum on this site) could prove a very useful starting point as well as some reader’s familiarity with the topics themselves. Material collected / indexed by individuals can always be compared later.

We could use this thread as a 'data collection point' which can then be used to create a dedicated index as the information grows.

For example, under the topic of 'Parents', one could suggest the following material:

PARENTS:

[1] Joseph A. Islam - Article. Parents
http://quransmessage.com/articles/parents%20FM3.htm
[2] EXTERNAL PUBLICATION - SCHOLARLY  - RS Elsaman, MA Arafa   - Rights of the Elderly in the Arab Middle East: Islamic Theory versus Arabic Practice. Quoted: 59. Joseph A. Islam, Parents, QURAN'S MESSAGE, http://quransmessage.com/articles/parents%20FM3.htm (last visited Oct. 28, 2012) http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?handle=hein.journals/marqelad14&div=4&id=&page=
[3] Facebook Post: Parental Upbringing
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/403385619798571?stream_ref=10
[4] Facebook Post: Powerful Advice Every Parent Should Give Their Child
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=296636667140134&set=a.122357211234748.21109.100003814101226&type=1
[5] Facebook Post: Shackling the Mind - A Plea to Young Parents
http://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/266263230177478

CHILDREN:

[1] Joseph A. Islam - Article. Was Ayesha Really a Child Bride? - Marriageable Age from the Quran
http://quransmessage.com/articles/ayesha%20age%20FM3.htm
[2] Joseph A. Islam - Article. Does Verse 65:4 Provide Consent to Consummate a Marriage with Female Minors?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/verse%2065-4%20FM3.htm
[3] Facebook Post: The Innocence of Children
http://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/391529614251449
[4] Facebook Post: Wealth and Children
http://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/125977467539389
[5] Facebook Post: Children
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/503659709771161
[6] Facebook Post: Wisdom from our Children
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/408020992668367?stream_ref=10
[7] Facebook Post: If Adults Can be Brainwashed, Then What Chance Do Some Children Have?
http://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/280332818770519
[8] Facebook Post: The Misery of Blind Rote Learning
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/413530532117413?stream_ref=5
[9] Q&A Waking Children up for Salah
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1246.msg5789#msg5789
[10] QM Post: The Fate of Children in the Hereafter
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1560.msg7186#msg7186

If it assists mankind in some small way, then I think it would be a noble effort whoever participates in it, God willing.

However as always, all your continued input / ideas are welcome.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline anothersoulonearth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 01:25:36 AM »

Dear brother Joseph,

May peace be upon you :)

I know this is a very old post  ;D but I came across it as I was going through the forum a couple of months ago. I had an idea I would like to share which is related to this topic (that's why I did not create a new thread).

I have spent many years learning from your immense knowledge and wisdom that the Lord has bestowed on you Alhamdulillah through the many things shared by you on the main website, forum, Facebook posts, etc. Including all of the other knowledgeable people who contributed to this forum throughout the years.

I was always worried about losing this website, so I am trying to archive everything (I have archived all of the main articles and all of your posts on the forum). I have just started, but since I am a programmer I have developed custom automation tools to help automate the process and make it fast by the grace of God and His mercy. This way I think I can bring all of the articles, posts, etc into one database, each interlinked and indexed with one unified search engine.

For example, one idea I had was to show all the forum posts and Facebook posts that reference a piece of article in the article page itself. It would be useful to enhance the article with supporting arguments and answers to different questions people had over the many years.

Most importantly (the main focus), I want to make sure the whole archive would be downloadable with your permission and copyright, this way inshAllah the immense work you have done will live on and help the future generations as well inshAllah. I have been reading this website for many years but I was always worried what if one day it shuts down like some other websites. This way inshAllah anyone who wants can just download the whole thing so they can keep it forever. You can even keep the download link in the quransmessage website.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any more ideas we can add to this :)

Best Regards

Offline HasanAFB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 12:34:30 PM »
Dear anothersoulonearth,

I fully support this idea and share your concern when you say that "I was always worried about losing this website".

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 06:30:19 PM »

Dear brother Joseph,

May peace be upon you :)

I know this is a very old post  ;D but I came across it as I was going through the forum a couple of months ago. I had an idea I would like to share which is related to this topic (that's why I did not create a new thread).

I have spent many years learning from your immense knowledge and wisdom that the Lord has bestowed on you Alhamdulillah through the many things shared by you on the main website, forum, Facebook posts, etc. Including all of the other knowledgeable people who contributed to this forum throughout the years.

I was always worried about losing this website, so I am trying to archive everything (I have archived all of the main articles and all of your posts on the forum). I have just started, but since I am a programmer I have developed custom automation tools to help automate the process and make it fast by the grace of God and His mercy. This way I think I can bring all of the articles, posts, etc into one database, each interlinked and indexed with one unified search engine.

For example, one idea I had was to show all the forum posts and Facebook posts that reference a piece of article in the article page itself. It would be useful to enhance the article with supporting arguments and answers to different questions people had over the many years.

Most importantly (the main focus), I want to make sure the whole archive would be downloadable with your permission and copyright, this way inshAllah the immense work you have done will live on and help the future generations as well inshAllah. I have been reading this website for many years but I was always worried what if one day it shuts down like some other websites. This way inshAllah anyone who wants can just download the whole thing so they can keep it forever. You can even keep the download link in the quransmessage website.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any more ideas we can add to this :)

Best Regards

Dear Anothersoulonearth,

May peace be with you too.

This is a noble idea and I do encourage all to share and support the dissemination of the thoughts/sentiments and material pertaining to this website/forums as best they can. As you will no doubt appreciate, spreading any type of goodness/assistance can take many forms and may God bless all those that partake in any of the activities they undertake. Albeit I have endeavoured hard to keep the websites / repositories active/online as best as I can, you are correct that there will always remain the risk you articulate for one reason or another. So any mitigations remain worthwhile.

Thank you for also providing due care/note regarding copyright/permission. It always remain key that the source authorship(s) can remain traceable. I would be more than happy to provide a link on this website with any supporting work that is carried out.

May God bless you always kind soul.  :)

Regards,
Joseph
George Orwell

Offline anothersoulonearth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 01:48:39 AM »
Dear brother HasanAFB,

Thanks for the support! It has motivated me to do it even quicker Lord willing.

Dear brother Joseph,

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement :)

Definitely, I appreciate all of the time, resources and money spent on keeping this website online for many years! May God's pleasure be with you for every second it was up. You have inspired me to fall in love with the Quran when I was a young teenager. I will forever be thankful to you and to God who is the only one who guides. And if He guides some through others, it's only His loving ways that bless and reward us all together.

May God bless us all in the pursuit of His truth and grace. I am busy with university this week, but I will update you soon on the status of gathering all the data.

Regards,

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 04:34:50 PM »
Assalamu 3alykum brother Joseph and anothersoulonearth

It's been a long time. Insha'Allah you and all the brothers and sisters on the forum are doing well by the grace of God.

I've also had similar feelings as anothersoulonearth. Lately even though I haven't been actively on the forum I have been going through the forum from when it started(2011). Masha'Allah I've noticed there is so much discussions and articles that are very valuable and would be a great loss if anything happened to them may God forbid. I do find myself every now and then referring to many articles when discussing certain topics. Masha'Allah they are very useful as they contain the relevant verses pertaining to the topic.

When also I'm by a screen I also just screen share the whole article and go through it with family and friends.

So I've also had similar feelings and also thinking of saving as much as I can Insha'Allah and of course with the references and copyrights included. As the information and discussions and articles Masha'Allah are indeed very valuable, organized and helpful when spreading the message of the Quran.  Insha'Allah I will also try to collaborate lots of the topics and articles together one day as I feel I have read a lot and understand where to find them Alhamdulila. Ill try to collaborate them nicely and before anything I will share them with you first brother Joseph to make sure they are in tandem with your rules as well.

Iv also been encouraging my children and family to also go through as much as they can and study them carefully. This seems to aid them in many ways Alhamdulila. Of course with the view to always keep vigilant and always refer things to Gods books and cross examining ideas with the Quran as they read it. Maybe Insha'Allah they can also help towards spreading the truth.

You have become well known Masha'Allah around my house hold. I find the kids feel comforted knowing they can cross examine your articles through the Quran and especially that  you also have spread the idea that everyone should not take anything blindly. They are usually curious what your views are on certain topics as Alhamdulila you have built a good reputation and it's clear Masha'Allah that the Almighty has bestowed upon you much knowledge and wisdom.

May God bless you for your immense efforts and time and for narrating to us His revelations. Alhamdulila and Glory to God who has indeed sent us messengers from among ourselves who relate to us His messages in truth.

Nice to hear from you again.

Salam