Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: verse 43:81

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
verse 43:81
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »
Assalamu Alykum dear brothers and sisters

I did not find any discussions on verse 43:81

Yusuf Ali
Say: "If (Allah) Most Gracious had a son, I would be the first to worship."

I'm trying to figure out the wisdom of this verse that God has told the Prophet to say. Would it be that God is informing the Prophet that if it was not for the Quran and God telling him God is One then he would not of known?

What is your opinion on this brother Joseph?

Peace and Blessings

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: verse 43:81
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
Peace Hamzah.

I know you are asking brother Joseph,but I hope you do not mind me giving my understanding.

Of course you can disregard,if you wish.

The clue is in the theme of the surah( Alzukhruf/Ornaments), this theme is "Serve/worship GOD Alone,no idols!

GOD is saying He knows they are saying "Jesus is the son of GOD". So 43:81 is say to them ( Muhammed) that if that was true,then I would still be taking "this son "as an idol like you are instead of correcting you.  i.e I would not be preaching this Qoran/the truth that "GOD is unique", serve/worship GOD Alone, He has not begotten a son...etc  Be He glorified!

In other words my message /deen would be the same as yours?

Of course that is my understanding.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:27:35 PM »
Dear Hamzeh,

Wa alaikum assalam

In my humble opinion, one of the purports of this verse is to make absolutely clear that 'worship or servitude' is not the issue. The prophet or believers have no objections to serve or worship anyone / anything as long as the object of servitude is true and not based on false beliefs. If the object of servitude is based on false notions, then it must be challenged and rejected. Only truth should reign. In the same stroke, the false notion of assigning a son (begotten or otherwise metonymically as 'special preference') to God is dismissed in no uncertain terms.

I hope this helps, God willing
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:13:57 AM »
Salam Bro Good Logic, It is not fair to hurriedly answer any questions when a Bro has asked Bro JAI to clarify. Please don't try to overtake. Thanks
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:03:41 AM »
Dear brother Sardar,

As-salamu alaykum

I really do not mind other members of the forum contributing to questions that are put to me. I know good logic has often kindly been eager to respond to questions put to me but as always, it is the content that I believe most would be interesting in. I believe brother good logic’s motives are sincere and his responses to the questions are shared to assist others. In the end, it is always the strength of the argument that matters.

I cannot always respond due to intense commitments and time restraints, but I will always endeavour to contribute as and when I can. God willing

May God bless you and your family dear brother.  :)

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 04:47:11 AM »
Thanks Bro JAI
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »
Asalamu Alykum

Thank you brothers Good Logic and Joseph for your understandings and your efforts. May God bless you both. Alhamdulila both have added insight to my understanding of the verse. I truly appreciate it.

Thank you God for allowing me to take heed of this website and meeting these brothers and sisters.

May Peace be with you all