Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: NEW MOSQUES IN RUSSIA! BUT A SAD DAY.

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
NEW MOSQUES IN RUSSIA! BUT A SAD DAY.
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »
I read something today that really disturbed me to my core. It was about a new $170 million mosque that was open to the public in Moscow, Russia, as a way of celebrating the Eid holiday. Now I understand the need for a mosque; so that people can have a place to gather (together) and preform their religious duties, etc. But to spend $170 million is to be wasteful/extravagant. That same amount of money could have been used to feed, clothe, shelter, etc thousand (if not millions) of men, women, and children. In fact, that same amount could have been used to care for the thousands of refugees who have been displaced by the on-going wars in Syria and Iraq. But alas, we live in time were some (not all) Muslims believe that building a mosques draws them nearer to Allah than the feed and sheltering of their fellow humans.

“And render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: But squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift.”

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/russia-opens-huge-mosque-eid-holiday-150923101040775.html

Hassan.