Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Existence of Jinnaat in Islamic Point of View

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Existence of Jinnaat in Islamic Point of View
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »
Ok, I'll edit my signature as soon as i get to my laptop.

Natheless, may i ask why are ye censoring what the minority wants to discuss ?

I thought this was a "quran-alone" forum ?! Doesn't the Quran advocate a planate earth ?!?

This matter has been deemed exhausted on this forum. 

Program of Creation of Man on Earth, in light of Quran.
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1790

The Quran supports a Geocentric view of the universe?  New
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1611.0

Geocentrism and Flat Earth in Quran II  New
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1778.0

You are of course free to take these thoughts and express them on a more appropriate forum of your choosing or one of your own forums. This is a tightly managed forum focusing on meaningful academic debates regarding the Quran. This forum is a Quran-centric forum (Not Quran alone). You have shared your thoughts as have others. This matter is now closed and please kindly do not labour the topic or the decision that has been made. Thanks!

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
Ok, I'll edit my signature as soon as i get to my laptop.

Natheless, may i ask why are ye censoring what the minority wants to discuss ?

I thought this was a "quran-alone" forum ?! Doesn't the Quran advocate a planate earth ?!?

This matter has been deemed exhausted on this forum. 

Program of Creation of Man on Earth, in light of Quran.
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1790

The Quran supports a Geocentric view of the universe?  New
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1611.0

Geocentrism and Flat Earth in Quran II  New
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1778.0

You are of course free to take these thoughts and express them on a more appropriate forum of your choosing or one of your own forums. This is a tightly managed forum focusing on meaningful academic debates regarding the Quran. This forum is a Quran-centric forum (Not Quran alone). You have shared your thoughts as have others. This matter is now closed and please kindly do not labour the topic or the decision that has been made. Thanks!

Hi Mod Team,

I was trying to have a "meaningful academic debate" in the thread Program of Creation of Man on Earth, in light of Quran. with Hassan but now it's closed simply because hicham said a few words in it. Could you guys not have simply blocked him in that thread or if he is breaking house rules then suspend/ban him from the forum? I just don't understand why you are going around locking threads whenever you feel like it.

My personal thoughts are that hicham should be allowed to have his own thread on the "Flat Earth" and whoever wishes can join him in it. People should be free to discuss whatever they want for however long they want as long as they are willing to and are not annoying others. Those that don't want to discuss the "Flat Earth" can simply ignore the thread like they already ignore other threads which they are not interested in.

Thanks

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 09:22:53 PM »
Hi Mod Team,

I was trying to have a "meaningful academic debate" in the thread Program of Creation of Man on Earth, in light of Quran. with Hassan but now it's closed simply because hicham said a few words in it. Could you guys not have simply blocked him in that thread or if he is breaking house rules then suspend/ban him from the forum? I just don't understand why you are going around locking threads whenever you feel like it.

My personal thoughts are that hicham should be allowed to have his own thread on the "Flat Earth" and whoever wishes can join him in it. People should be free to discuss whatever they want for however long they want as long as they are willing to and are not annoying others. Those that don't want to discuss the "Flat Earth" can simply ignore the thread like they already ignore other threads which they are not interested in.

Thanks

Dear Samson,

Please try to understand that this forum is not intended for users to do whatever they like on their threads. This forum attempts to be different and attempts to focus conversations on a particular Quranic matter with real academic focus, evidence and really importantly - civility and respect regardless of the thread. If this is threatened in any way, the discussions are curtailed and reoffending users warned or banned. It is really that simple. Of course, no one is forced to write on this forum, and thus we kindly do expect those who do to accept the forum rules and the various expectations of this forum. As you are aware, there are numerous forums (which appear free for all - say whatever you like), but this is not one of them.

As forum moderators are split on whether to re-open the thread or not, your request has been checked with brother Joseph who is happy for the thread to be opened as it is seems that you and Hassan both do appear to want to have a respectful "meaningful academic debate" as you say.  Therefore - the thread has been re-opened as per your request and brother Joseph's instruction.

Thanks!

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 10:30:29 PM »
If this is threatened in any way, the discussions are curtailed and reoffending users warned or banned. It is really that simple.

Thanks for opening the thread.

But as you have clearly stated above "reoffending users warned or banned". That's the action I expect Mods to take rather than to take the rather drastic and puzzling action of closing a thread. If 10 ppl in a thread are happily discussing something and then one individual disobeys the rule is it logical to lock the entire thread or to simply warn/suspend/ban the offending user?

Hope the above makes sense as I don't think you guys really understood it in my first post. On other forums, the Mods warn the user each time they breach the rules and post the warning into the thread so others users are aware and can be educated in the forum rules. After a number of warnings they are suspended.

Regards

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »
Salam Hicham9...

Excusez-moi? My "unaesthetic mouse" is perfectly harmless, and it doesn't confuse anyone or incite rude arguments *cough*. So thank you, but I am leaving it there.

I notice your signature has not yet been changed.

Please listen to reason instead of attacking other people's choices.

Mia

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »
Salaam Mia 666: You will be pleased to hear that Hitcham9 is no longer part of this forum.

Also Samson:

We are not like other forums as our tolerance level is lower. We close threads for many reasons including taking the heat out of discussions. However we do not need to justify our actions to our members as per our forum policy.
Luckily closing topics and removing members is rare as our forum users on the whole are civil and respectful backing their arguments with evidence.