Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: People of Araaf

Offline good logic

• View Profile
People of Araaf
« on: November 28, 2015, 04:21:05 AM »
Split from the topic in the following thread, Reply #2

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1744.msg8088#msg8088

QM Moderators

Peace mia.

Actually Qoran speaks about the people of "Aaraf":
7:40
Surely, those who reject our revelations and are too arrogant to uphold them, the gates of the sky will never open for them, nor will they enter Paradise until the camel passes through the needle's eye. We thus requite the guilty.
إِنَّ الَّذينَ كَذَّبوا بِـٔايٰتِنا وَاستَكبَروا عَنها لا تُفَتَّحُ لَهُم أَبوٰبُ السَّماءِ وَلا يَدخُلونَ الجَنَّةَ حَتّىٰ يَلِجَ الجَمَلُ فى سَمِّ الخِياطِ وَكَذٰلِكَ نَجزِى المُجرِمينَ
7:41
They have incurred Hell as an abode; they will have barriers above them. We thus requite the transgressors.
لَهُم مِن جَهَنَّمَ مِهادٌ وَمِن فَوقِهِم غَواشٍ وَكَذٰلِكَ نَجزِى الظّٰلِمينَ
7:42
As for those who believe and lead a righteous life - we never burden any soul beyond its means - these will be the dwellers of Paradise. They abide in it forever.
وَالَّذينَ ءامَنوا وَعَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ لا نُكَلِّفُ نَفسًا إِلّا وُسعَها أُولٰئِكَ أَصحٰبُ الجَنَّةِ هُم فيها خٰلِدونَ
7:43
We will remove all jealousy from their hearts. Rivers will flow beneath them, and they will say, "God be praised for guiding us. We could not possibly be guided, if it were not that God has guided us. The messengers of our Lord did bring the truth." They will be called: "This is your Paradise. You have inherited it, in return for your works."
وَنَزَعنا ما فى صُدورِهِم مِن غِلٍّ تَجرى مِن تَحتِهِمُ الأَنهٰرُ وَقالُوا الحَمدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذى هَدىٰنا لِهٰذا وَما كُنّا لِنَهتَدِىَ لَولا أَن هَدىٰنَا اللَّهُ لَقَد جاءَت رُسُلُ رَبِّنا بِالحَقِّ وَنودوا أَن تِلكُمُ الجَنَّةُ أورِثتُموها بِما كُنتُم تَعمَلونَ
7:44
The dwellers of Paradise will call the dwellers of Hell: "We have found our Lord's promise to be the truth, have you found your Lord's promise to be the truth?" They will say, "Yes." An announcer between them will announce: "God's condemnation has befallen the transgressors;
وَنادىٰ أَصحٰبُ الجَنَّةِ أَصحٰبَ النّارِ أَن قَد وَجَدنا ما وَعَدَنا رَبُّنا حَقًّا فَهَل وَجَدتُم ما وَعَدَ رَبُّكُم حَقًّا قالوا نَعَم فَأَذَّنَ مُؤَذِّنٌ بَينَهُم أَن لَعنَةُ اللَّهِ عَلَى الظّٰلِمينَ
7:45
"who repel from the path of God, and strive to make it crooked, and, with regard to the Hereafter, they are disbelievers."
الَّذينَ يَصُدّونَ عَن سَبيلِ اللَّهِ وَيَبغونَها عِوَجًا وَهُم بِالـٔاخِرَةِ كٰفِرونَ
7:46
A barrier separates them, while the Aaraf is occupied by people who recognize each side by their looks. They will call the dwellers of Paradise: "Peace be upon you." They did not enter (Paradise) through wishful thinking.
وَبَينَهُما حِجابٌ وَعَلَى الأَعرٰفِ رِجالٌ يَعرِفونَ كُلًّا بِسيمىٰهُم وَنادَوا أَصحٰبَ الجَنَّةِ أَن سَلٰمٌ عَلَيكُم لَم يَدخُلوها وَهُم يَطمَعونَ
7:47
When they turn their eyes towards the dwellers of Hell, they will say, "Our Lord, do not put us with these wicked people."
وَإِذا صُرِفَت أَبصٰرُهُم تِلقاءَ أَصحٰبِ النّارِ قالوا رَبَّنا لا تَجعَلنا مَعَ القَومِ الظّٰلِمينَ
7:48
The dwellers of the Aaraf will call on people they recognize by their looks, saying, "Your great numbers did not avail you in any way, nor did your arrogance.
وَنادىٰ أَصحٰبُ الأَعرٰفِ رِجالًا يَعرِفونَهُم بِسيمىٰهُم قالوا ما أَغنىٰ عَنكُم جَمعُكُم وَما كُنتُم تَستَكبِرونَ
7:49
"Are those the people you swore that God will never touch them with mercy?" (The people in the Aaraf will then be told,) "Enter Paradise; you have nothing to fear, nor will you grieve."
أَهٰؤُلاءِ الَّذينَ أَقسَمتُم لا يَنالُهُمُ اللَّهُ بِرَحمَةٍ ادخُلُوا الجَنَّةَ لا خَوفٌ عَلَيكُم وَلا أَنتُم تَحزَنونَ

Who are the people of the Aaraf?

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: People of Araaf
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »
Wow.

I think these people in Araaf will be those who didn't receive guidance but were still kind to others and cared about the world, or people who died as children and had no opportunity to do good/bad deeds. This shows the mercy of God.

God bless you too.
Mariyah

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 04:08:18 PM »
Dear All,

As-salamu alaykum

Please see my humble comments on the People of the heights.

Men of the Heights - Who were they?
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=577

I hope this helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:53:18 PM »
Peace mia.

For me the verses are self explanatory.

"Aaraf" was  neither in paradise nor in hell,as judgement is taking place. Whether some call it heights or purgatory or...The people of "Aaraf" were watching the judgement/gathering... and commenting about both parties?
Then the people of Aaraf were told "enter paradise" and justice prevails.

GOD will show His justice to all.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
Shalom / peace goodlogic .. don't take this the wrong way but I sometimes feel you are quite disrespectful to brother joseph. Dont take it wrong please .. its just my opinion...>>> I have often see you rudely interrupt questions that are put to him...but with material with a 19 / submitter slant .....Like this thread ... You ask the q - "Who are the people of the Aaraf?" on this thread and then suddenly as br joseph has responded with such a detailed good opinion, you simply address your response to mia by saying "For me the verses are self explanatory.">>>> Sorry bro - don't take it personally - but it doesn't seem right to me.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:25:18 AM »
Peace Duster.

That is fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

However,you are making a wrong assumption brother.

As far as I knew,I was answering mia. I have not conversed,nor intended to converse with anyone else.
Hope that clarifies for you.
God bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:45 AM »
Shalom / peace goodlogic>>>> so why ask the question first who are the people of Araaf >>>>and then say its 'self-explanatory' as soon as 'someone else' answers it then???

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »
Salam good logic,

Yes, it makes sense once you see the verses. I don't think you were disrespecting Brother Joseph by saying that. The concept of Araaf  is new to me--they never taught us this in Sunday School. Actually, they never taught us much of anything in Sunday School.

Anyway, God's mercy always prevails. It's reassuring.

:)

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 03:40:40 PM »
Peace Duster.

I often,in my replies,state the verses ,then put a question for the reader to ponder themselves.I prefer if the reader looked at the verses and tried to get their own understanding.

When I put a question to the members I start a new thread or state that I am seeking an answer to my question.

Thank you .
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »
I don't think you were disrespecting Brother Joseph by saying that.

Shalom / peace mia666 - No disrespect>>> but you are new here and wouldn't know of some of the background and criticisms raised already  of goodlogic and his approach with the submitters view and belief in Rashad being the messenger of the covenant (happy to be corrected on this part)>>> So woudn't expect you to understand ...no hard feelings.

Some discussions below.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1483.msg6773#msg6773

>>>>Goodlogic - I hear what you are saying but I also know that what I'm trying to say has got to you ...

Once again - no hard feelings.

Offline Star

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 12:52:13 AM »
Salam Duster and Good Logic :)

I'm going to stay out of the debate about Good Logic's disrespect for now, in any case, I agree that the verses are self-explanatory.

Good Logic: I saw what you posted on the other threads about the "feud in the heavenly society", it seems to be straight from the Submitters website? I'm not judging, but I advise you to check out the verses that Khalifa cites on his explanation of the feud and see if they really relate to what he's saying. It seems the feud had nothing to do with people being put on earth to get tested. God tests us to pit truth against falsehood and show the falsehood to perish.

Anyway, that's off-topic. I asked a rather ridiculous question on the thread called "can God lie" and I was wondering if it's possible to delete a thread I started? I asked that question after reading a philosophical article on the issue and I now realize it was kind of a nonsensical question, and it might upset people. Upsetting people was not my intention so is there a way to get rid of that question?

God bless you
Mariyah

Offline good logic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »
Peace Duster.

I follow Qoran.

I say peace to you.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:45:35 AM »

Anyway, that's off-topic. I asked a rather ridiculous question on the thread called "can God lie" and I was wondering if it's possible to delete a thread I started? I asked that question after reading a philosophical article on the issue and I now realize it was kind of a nonsensical question, and it might upset people. Upsetting people was not my intention so is there a way to get rid of that question?

God bless you
Mariyah

Dear Mariyah,

Your requested post has been deleted.

Thank you

QM Moderators Team