Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is it compulsory to be in the state of ablution to read quran?

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
As Salam Walaikum All...

Hope you are all fine...i have some new doubts...hope u guys wont mind...

Is it compulsory to be in the state of ablution to read quran?...

and according to this verse..."Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain from it"...so according to this verse...are we commanded to follow hadeeth?...tats wat...these hadeeth following people claim..i guess...so..should we follow hadeeth?..well...m jus asking...sorry for such a silly question...

And according to this "GOD will not take you to task for oaths which you may have uttered without thought, but He will take you to task for oaths which you have sworn in earnest. Thus, the breaking of an oath must be atoned for by feeding ten needy persons with more or less the same food as you are wont to give to your own families, or by clothing them, or by freeing a human being from bondage; and he who has not the wherewithal shall fast for three days [instead]. This shall be the atonement for your oaths whenever you have sworn [and broken them]. But be mindful of your oaths!' Thus God makes clear unto you His messages, so that you might have cause to be grateful."...will i be accountable for the promise i had forgotten?..i mean..i m not sure...whether i made promise on God or something...just i dont remember...but once..i remember...my mom...forbade me to talk to one of my friend...she was girl indeed...and she asked me to promise...and i promised her...but...i cldnt hold on to the promise..as she was one of my best friend..n i spoke to her...n we are still friends..bt now...my mom doesnt have any prob with me..talking to her...but...what i did earlier...was it wrong?...shld i feed 10 people or fast?..

I hope you guys can help...thanks and sorry..

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline adam

• View Profile
Re: Is it compulsory to be in the state of ablution to read quran?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »
Wa alaikum salam Ajnum,

I think you are making life difficult for yourself. Personally, i do not think We need to take ablution to hold/read the Quran.
There are many reverts that have embraced the Quran and Islam without knowing about ablution and other detailed practices prior to reading the Quran.

I use my Iphone which has a Quran app for me to read and do not take ablution just to hold my phone which contains the Quran.

Also from whatyou typed: "Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain from it"...so according to this verse...are we commanded to follow hadeeth?...tats wat...these hadeeth following people claim..i guess...so..should we follow hadeeth?..well...m jus asking...sorry for such a silly question...

I do not see anything in that verse that mentions Hadith. But more importantly, those verses you mentioned and the ones that came before it are in context of a certain War.The division of booty from the war which is entrusted to Muhammad to divide accordingly to the poor, wayfarer, orphans are what the verse is talking about. whatever the Prophet gives you from the booty and whatever he forbids from the booty.

There is no need to insert meanings that are not there ie hadith, sunnah, etc that sectarians are so fond of telling.

On a different note - one to do with oaths, I really do think God does hold your word to it, as i have experienced before. But there is always wisdom behind this that I cannot explain nor understand fully.

I keep telling my friends and family, that your intention is important. Your intention (niat) is what comes from the depths of your heart. It is the truth of what you feel, want, need and so on. Whether you break an oath or not, I feel Good intended deeds will always override the mistakes or bad deeds. Not to mean it wont be counted for. But you must trust God and His infinite capacity to forgive and provide mercy to those that truly repent.

Hope this helps.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
Salam Adam...

Thank you very much for your response...:)...ya..tats right...i usually freak out...and fear a lot..that makes things little complicated...ah...thank you for clearing the hadeeth part...as i tot...that verse..it may mean to follow hadeeth...thanks for clearing it...

Thank you very much for your explanation on oaths or promises...but still..m not able to know..whether..i was wrong or not...well...i cldnt leave my friend...and broke the promise...i m still not sure...:(...

But...thank you very much for your patience and replies...:)...

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:48:07 PM »
As Salam Walaikum All...

Hope you are all fine...i have some new doubts...hope u guys wont mind...

Is it compulsory to be in the state of ablution to read quran?...

and according to this verse..."Whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, abstain from it"...so according to this verse...are we commanded to follow hadeeth?...tats wat...these hadeeth following people claim..i guess...so..should we follow hadeeth?..well...m jus asking...sorry for such a silly question...

And according to this "GOD will not take you to task for oaths which you may have uttered without thought, but He will take you to task for oaths which you have sworn in earnest. Thus, the breaking of an oath must be atoned for by feeding ten needy persons with more or less the same food as you are wont to give to your own families, or by clothing them, or by freeing a human being from bondage; and he who has not the wherewithal shall fast for three days [instead]. This shall be the atonement for your oaths whenever you have sworn [and broken them]. But be mindful of your oaths!' Thus God makes clear unto you His messages, so that you might have cause to be grateful."...will i be accountable for the promise i had forgotten?..i mean..i m not sure...whether i made promise on God or something...just i dont remember...but once..i remember...my mom...forbade me to talk to one of my friend...she was girl indeed...and she asked me to promise...and i promised her...but...i cldnt hold on to the promise..as she was one of my best friend..n i spoke to her...n we are still friends..bt now...my mom doesnt have any prob with me..talking to her...but...what i did earlier...was it wrong?...shld i feed 10 people or fast?..

I hope you guys can help...thanks and sorry..

With best regards,
Anjum
If the Quran is in your laptop or pc, Would you do ablution for touching the laptop/pc? If the Quran is in your cell phone device, would you do ablution for touching cell phone? If the Quran is in your husband's memory, would you do ablution before touching & listening? So if the Quran is written in a book, what would you do?
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!

Offline adam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
You are very much welcome dear Ajnum.

Do not worry too much. Keep it simple and lead your life with a smile!

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
Salam Sstikstof...

Yup...i agree with your point...even i was reading the Quran in bus...i didnt had ablution at that time...but came across some verses...so was just confused..that is why...asked here...thank you very much for your response...:)...

And..Sstikstof...do you know hindi?..if you know..i have a doubt...coz..i dont think others know hindi here...as they are all from different countries...hope you can help...thanks and sorry..

With regards,
Anjum

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
Salam Dear brother adam...:)..

I will try my best to keep it simple and easy...many of them here...has said that..i worry too much...n now i really feel that..too...so m gonna try to keep it simple and easy...thank you very much for your encouraging words brother...:)...

Thanks and regards,
Anjum

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:44 AM »
Salam Sstikstof...

Yup...i agree with your point...even i was reading the Quran in bus...i didnt had ablution at that time...but came across some verses...so was just confused..that is why...asked here...thank you very much for your response...:)...

And..Sstikstof...do you know hindi?..if you know..i have a doubt...coz..i dont think others know hindi here...as they are all from different countries...hope you can help...thanks and sorry..

With regards,
Anjum
Yes I know Hindi. How can I help?>
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »
Salam Sstikstof...

Thank you very much for helping me...:)...i wanted to ask...someone said that...we should not call Almighty as...like.."Aap" or something with respect like...example..."Aap kese ho"...but instead we should we..."Tu" or "Tune" for Almighty...is it?..m not sure...coz..in english..its just same...HE...thats it...but...its not case in HIndi or other Indian language...so...can u clear it?..coz i ask duas in Urdu or Tamil..tats y...Thanks and regards..

Anjum

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »
Salam Sstikstof...

Thank you very much for helping me...:)...i wanted to ask...someone said that...we should not call Almighty as...like.."Aap" or something with respect like...example..."Aap kese ho"...but instead we should we..."Tu" or "Tune" for Almighty...is it?..m not sure...coz..in english..its just same...HE...thats it...but...its not case in HIndi or other Indian language...so...can u clear it?..coz i ask duas in Urdu or Tamil..tats y...Thanks and regards..

Anjum
Salamun alaikun
In quran, almighty uses "we" to indicate himself as sole authority. In the same way we should call him with humble, submissive way and respect. In hindi ap is perfect where tu or tune defines lowerity in expression. Ap will be perfect.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »
Salam Sstikstof...

Thank  you very much for your advice...it helps...:)..i was confused and couldnt post that questions...coz of language problem...Thanks to God that..u were here to help...Thank you very much...:)...

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 04:47:53 PM »
Salaam Anjum,

I hope you are well.

Many of the questions you post have already been addressed in articles by Joseph and also on the forum in the past.

I just wanted to suggest that it may be an idea if before posting a question, you try to look up the answer and this way it would avoid duplicated effort by others.

Thanks