Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Can the jinns know what happens in Heaven?

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Can the jinns know what happens in Heaven?
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:57:08 PM »
Salam All...

i came across this verse...about jinns..."We sought to reach heaven, but found it filled with strong guards and flames - we used to take up a position to listen, but whoever listens now finds a flaming fire lying in wait for him"...so...according to this verse...can the jinns hear what is happening in heaven?...like..somewhere i read that...jinns...hear what happens in heaven and they convey the message to the fortune teller and that fortune teller conveys that message to the man who met fortune teller...and the man thinks that...whatever fortune tellers say...it is true...so...are the jinns really able to know our future?...are the fortune tellers able to tell what is in our future?...

And this verse..."O you who are wrapped up in your mantel, stand up to pray for much of the night. It may be half the night or a little less than that or a little more, but recite the Quran slowly and distinctly. For we are about to send down to you a message of considerable gravity. Surely, getting up at night for worship is the most potent means of subduing the self and most suitable for the word of prayer. You have by day prolonged occupations (with dawah work). Remember the name of your lord and devote yourself to him wholeheartedly. He is the lord of the east and west, there is no deity but him, so take him as your Guardian. Bear patiently with what they say and ignore them politely. Leave it to me to deal with the deniers, who live a life of comfort and bear with them a little longer..........................Your Lord knows that you stand up praying for nearly two-thirds of the night, or one-half of it and sometimes one third of it, as do other among your followers. God determines the measure of night and day. He knows that you will not be able to do it, so He has turned to you in mercy. Recite, then, as much of the Quran as is easy for you. He knows that there will be some among you who may be sick and others who will be travelling throughout the land seeking God's bounty and yet others who may be fighting for the cause of God."

According to the above verse...are we commanded to pray during night?...or was it mentioned only for the Prophet (PBUH). ?..

I m sorry being silly again guys...please dont mind..

With best regards,
Anjum

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: Can the jinns know what happens in Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:58:18 AM »
Salam,

Let me respond to the second issue you raised. You asked if the given verse was an injunction to pray (presumably a lot) during the night. Of course praying during the night is good, but if you read the verse carefully, it's only addressed to the Prophet, and it's actually telling him to stop praying so much, because he's praying so much it's getting unreasonable! See this:

"Your Lord knows that you stand up praying for nearly two-thirds of the night, or one-half of it and sometimes one third of it, as do other among your followers. God determines the measure of night and day. He knows that you will not be able to do it, so He has turned to you in mercy. Recite, then, as much of the Quran as is easy for you."

This verse is advocating moderation. It tells the Prophet that prayer and devotion to God is good and all, but only when taken to reasonable terms.

Secondly, about jinn: I don't know whether they talk to fortune-tellers or not. I doubt they do. There are many fortune-tellers who actually give quite accurate information, but they might actually have the gift or foresight; I doubt they are informed about future events by jinn.

Yes, it's quite possible that jinn eavesdrop in the heavens, considering that they're primarily metaphysical beings, but this is an "ambiguous" or "allegorical" verse and it's not meant to be pursued.

Mia :)

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Re: Can the jinns know what happens in Heaven?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »
Salam Sis Mia...

I thank you very much for your response...it was really of help...thank you very much clearing...i was not sure...whether it was commanded for us or prophet...but as you cleared...it is clear now...thank you very much...

About jinns...i once read those hadeeth..when i was following...it stated that...: One of the companions of the Prophet (PBUH) expressed the same phrase and Prophet (PBUH) gave him the following nice answer:

This word belongs to Jinn. Jinn capture the information and cackle to the ears of their friends as hen cackles. Moreover, they add more than a hundred lies into this information. (Muslim, Salam 123)

So according to above narration...they say that..jinns hear and convey it to the fortune tellers...but...should we believe in those things?...coz...in Quran..we have seen the verses...God only knows about seen and unseen...so...m just confused... :o...if possible...kindly clear it dear sis..

Thanks and best regards,
Anjum