Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naming a child

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Naming a child
« on: December 13, 2016, 07:05:45 PM »
Salam All,

As we are due next month...we were planning to name our child...or choose a name...my husband wants to give the child a common name...through which...he/she wont be identified as muslim...he fears that...as the world is becoming anti-muslim...our child may face problems in his/her later life...so we want to give him/her a common name...Now..my doubt is that...is it sin?...that...we are not willing to show people that..he/she is a muslim...we just fear for the safety and may be partiality he/she may face..is it sin?..

And is there any way to name child?..or any custom?..like...traditional people...recite Adaan (Call for prayer) in the ear of the child and name the child...we do not have to do that right?..we may just name or can we say...In the name of God..and then name the baby?...

Kindly clear these doubts please...

Regards,
Anjum

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Naming a child
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
Shalom / peace Anjum - The following article may help - WHAT IS A MUSLIM NAME? - A MISNOMER - http://quransmessage.com/articles/muslim%20name%20FM3.htm

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Re: Naming a child
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
Salam Brother Duster...

Thank you very much for your reply and the link...I had gone through it and it was of great help...one more doubt is that..is it sin that...we are thinking/fearing that...our child should not be identified as a muslim...because he/she may face problems or partiality...

Thanks and regards,
Anjum