Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Jesus in the Quran

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
Jesus in the Quran
« on: July 15, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »
Assalamu Alaikum everyone :)

I have a question about the story of Jesus's alleged crucifixion and resurrection. The verse regarding this is normally interpreted as,

(4:157-158) "That they said (in boast), 'We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah'—but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not—nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself."

Does this verse indicate that Jesus (pbuh) was literally raised up? Is there an alternate meaning for the Arabic word used?

Also, are there any Quranic verses that explain the circumstances leading up to Jesus's attempted assassination, or more details about his life?

God bless ;)
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus in the Quran
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »
Peace. It could be figurative.
deleted

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »
And our Lords mentions of "عِيسَى" ;

2:87, 2:136, 2:253, 3:45, 3:52, 3:55, 3:59, 3:84, 4:157, 4:163, 4:171, 5:46, 5:78, 5:110, 5:112, 5:114,
5:116, 6:85, 19:34, 33:7, 42:13, 43:63, 57:27, 61:6, 61:14
deleted

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:01:25 PM »
Asalamu Alykum Amira

A excerpt of the article by bother Joseph maybe helpful in answering your inquiry Insha'Allah.

A further refutation is provided in verse 4:158 by God's statement that He caused to ‘rafa'a Prophet Jesus (pbuh) which clearly implies that He raised him to a high station possibly rebuking any inherent arrogant claims that they (the Jews) convicted Jesus (pbuh) as a criminal and as a false Prophet. There is no mention of ‘rafa'a of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) alive in this verse as this would contradict 3:55 above where it is clearly mentioned that he was caused to ‘Tawaffu’  i.e. he was given death.
[1]

The complete article is below

Insha'Allah that helps

Salam

IS THE SECOND COMING OF PROPHET JESUS (pbuh) SUPPORTED BY THE QURAN?
http://quransmessage.com/articles/is%20second%20coming%20attested%20by%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:01:39 AM »
Thank you for the links :)

I also saw Brother Joseph's article regarding the crucifixion, which is here:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/jesus%20crucifixion%20FM3.htm

Interestingly, there seems to be Biblical evidence that Jesus died within about 3 hours on the cross. The story found in the gospels doesn't add up, because it generally takes several days for an adult to die that way. Just an observation :)
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)