Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does the Quran mention the shape of the earth?

Offline adam

• View Profile
Does the Quran mention the shape of the earth?
« on: August 19, 2016, 05:08:59 PM »
Dear Brothers and Sisters in faith.
Assalamun Alaikum.

I recently came across a flat earth theory online and have been doing some reading on this topic. There are some "islamic" sites that says  the Quran  mentions numerous times that the earth is flat. mentions of flat, carpets, bed, extend, expanse are used to illustrate the shape  of earth.

I remember once reading that the Quran says that the Earth is Egg shaped (79.30 ) but opening up that verse, it is clear from the yusuf Ali translation that the word TAHAHA means Spread and not egg ort ostrich egg.

Now, i am not saying i believe the world is flat. But does the Quran actually clear this up in any other verses?

The flat earth theorist have some good arguments.

http://quran-mystery.blogspot.my/

I have attached a link to a site i've been reading. there are numerous videos and explanations that are fun to watch yet mind boggling.

look forward to you guys' thoughts and ideas. :)

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Does the Quran mention the shape of the earth?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
Dear Adam,

This topic has been discussed in length already on this forum.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1611.0

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=1778

Thanks

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 02:07:20 AM »
Adam,

As you have not accepted the forum's request that this discussion has been repeatedly exhausted here and have continued to criticise in our view unduly, and you have further requested to be removed, this has been actioned.

This forum will also not tolerate undue criticism or beaches of policy.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »
Whilst the vast majority of this forum are wise / learned / respectful and erudite contributors, it is very sad to see this action being taken against anyone.

Please may I kindly encourage members to please pay close attention to the forum policies at all times.

I understand that the moderators attempt to run a 'tight ship' and keep discussions at a high level of value. They have my support.

As I trust newer contributors will kindly appreciate, this forum is not a 'free for all' as other forums may be. Albeit open discussions are encouraged, there is a point where they can be curtailed, particularly if it is deemed by the moderator(s) that view points have been exhausted and conversations have become personal / unduly heated.

Please kindly respect the decisions of our moderators and please kindly remember that this forum is linked to the main website (mine) which espouses a Quran-centric approach. Therefore, although other / open thoughts are encouraged, they may be challenged from a Quran's perspective.

With deepest respect to you all.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell