Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Quran and Hadith

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Quran and Hadith
« on: August 29, 2016, 05:35:06 AM »
to hadith are:

"In which hadith after this will they believe?" (al-A`araaf [7]:185).

"These are God’s revelations we recite to you in truth. Then, in which hadith after God and His revelations will they believe?" (al-Jatheya [45]:6).

We understand the import of these questions from yet another question posed in the Qur’an:

"Shall I seek other than God as a source of law and judgment when He is the One who has sent down the Book to you in detail?" (al-An`am [6]:114).

Also,

"What is wrong with you? How do you judge? Do you have another book which you study?" (al-Qalam [68]:35-36).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Because of the above Quranic Ayaat Khulfai Rashedeen Abubakar, Omer and Ali burned their all Ahadith
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
Re: Quran and Hadith
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 07:58:01 AM »
Would you provide a reference for such a statement?

Peace.
deleted

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 08:25:27 AM »
It is fact given in Ahadith that the Khulfa have burnt their Ahadith during their period. All this comers
Ahadith or history.

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »
I just wanted to add that there are alternate reports saying only certain hadiths were destroyed, or that the hadiths were later re-compiled by the same khalifas. The reports vary.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline Nura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 09:19:34 AM »
Salam Everyone

This approach has a flaw. When we say we cannot accept hadith as having religious authority as is our 'Qurancentric approach', we cannot then make use of hadith to back up our claims whenever some of them seem to be supporting our core beliefs.

This is circular reasoning, hadith was burnt because hadiths say so! But some hadiths claim the complete opposite as Amira has rightly said. Which ones can u choose to believe without a bias? We cannot cherry-pick. Clearly, we would like to believe those hadiths that back up our core beliefs, i.e those that say hadith was never meant to be written down, or were burnt. But the same books have other hadiths that say we must follow hadiths and they were asked to be written down.

The only reason that is logically fullproof about not following hadith is not that of authenticity of matn (content) or isnad( chain of narration). It is the one of authority! Does the Quran give the Hadiths/ anything outside Quran, religious authority or sanctions the use of these outside sources for religious guidance? The answer is NO.
Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
Amira Who told you that Khulfa who burnt their Ahadith and then again recompiled ? This is not a fact
Once their Ahadith are burnt these were not recompiled.

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 01:11:32 PM »
Peace. Would you all please provide references for these narrations?
deleted

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 05:56:01 AM »
Hi, here's one alternate narration:

Abu Sa’id Khudri reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do not take down anything from me, and he who took down anything from me except the Qur’an, he should efface that AND narrate from me, for there is no harm in it and he who attributed any falsehood to me−and Hammam said: I think he also said:” deliberately” −he should in fact find his abode in the Hell−Fire. (Source:  Sahih Muslim Book 42, Number 7147)

Here are some narrations that say the companions were ordered to not write anything down:

From Ibn Hanbal: Zayd Ibn Thabit (The Prophet’s closest revelation writer) visited the Khalifa Mu’aawiyah (more than 30 years after the Prophet’s death), and told him a story about the Prophet. Mu’aawiyah liked the story and ordered someone to write it down. But Zayd said. ” the messenger of God ordered us never to write anything of his hadith”.

Ibn Saeed Al-Khudry reported that the messenger of God had said, “Do not write anything from me EXCEPT QURAN. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it.”

Again, in the book “Taq-yeed Al-Ilm”, Abu Saeed Al-Khudry said, ” I asked the Messenger of God a permission to write his hadiths, but he refused to give me a permission.”

The hadiths are mixed up on this issue. It's hard to tell whether writing down his sayings was actually prohibited or not. :)
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »
Peace. What happened here is that there're narrations in which Muhammad is stated to have stated "this, and this".. And there're narrations in which it's "this, this, and this".
deleted

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:39 AM »
e. "don't eat eggs", "don't eat eggs with a spoon".

I can't trust narration #1. Can I trust narration #2?

Peace be upon you.  :) :)
deleted

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 11:23:24 AM »
That's exactly what happened. The narrations are all contradictory.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 03:51:22 AM »
Further to what has been said, please see this enlightening analysis of the word "hadith" in Quran:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Hadith_in_Quran.htm

Offline deleted

• deleted
  • deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 05:38:37 AM »
Peace. I'll include that at all times which our Lord has stated "has such and such a word come to you", He then narrates it to us.
deleted