Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: contradiction in quran

Offline yahya

• View Profile
contradiction in quran
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:39:46 PM »
Assalam alikum I was just wondering this sounds like a contradiction the verses are 46:25 and 51:42 because in the first verse it says wind destroyed everything except there dwellings and in the second verse it says the wind left nothing except dust

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: contradiction in quran
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »
Shalom / peace ....can't you find another subject title?? One which is more descriptive.....such as ' reconciling verses' etc....why put just a blank title inplying first that there is a contradicton in the scripture?

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »
Sorry I don't know how to change the title

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 11:46:15 PM »
According to Yusuf Ali, the second verse you cited says "ruins," not dust, and could refer to the ruins of their houses.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 01:24:46 AM »
Yes, their "dust" here is a clear reference to the disintegrated ruins of their houses.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:45 AM »
But ruins in English nothing hardly there left

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 03:28:54 AM »
salam yahya

46:25: Destroying everything by command of its Lord. And they became so that nothing was seen [of them] except their dwellings. Thus do We recompense the criminal people.

51:42: It spared nothing that it reached, but blew it into broken spreads of rotten ruins.

I don't think there is any contradiction. We must think of these two ayat together. The wind destroyed everything it reached, leaving their dwellings. This is what "ruin" look like:

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »
Thanks jazzakkallah