Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: On Dishonesty and Reformation

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
On Dishonesty and Reformation
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »
Wasn't sure where this would go, but I wrote this earlier today, and felt the need to share:

Even a cursory glance at the Islamic world today shows that it is in turmoil. From Saudi Arabia to Indonesia to Syria and Turkey, it is clear that war, false doctrinal beliefs, terror, systematic oppression, and rebellion plague the global league of Muslim-majority countries.

Moderate Muslim leaders insist upon worldwide cooperation and sustained interfaith dialogue. Though born of good intentions, these actions do not address the root of the problem. They simply put a band-aid on a situation that is growing increasingly problematic for the global community. Change comes from the inside. The "Muslim problem" cannot improve if the interpretive monopoly held by Muslim apologists and opponents alike is not eradicated.

Proponents of Islam use the Quran and the hadith, sayings attributed to the Prophet Muhammad, to show that their religion preaches peace. Opponents of Islam use the same sources to insist that it preaches violence and hate.

By ascribing violent interpretations to peaceful verses and twisting the words of the Quran to mirror their ideologies, terrorist groups have radicalized thousands and continue to promote their oppressive regimes.

It is the responsibility of Muslims across the world--both in the Western sphere and especially elsewhere--to study their way of life (deen) for themselves. To examine, scrutinize and analyze the scripture in a language they can understand. To seek the truth, and to vindicate it.

In fact, this is not just a responsibility; it is an urgent need that must be addressed. Muslims comprise a significant percentage of the global population, and there are 1.8 billion of them worldwide. When they misunderstand and misrepresent their religion, worldwide disharmony results. It would be dishonest, indeed evil, to disregard this, and to ignore the need for inner reformation. Islamic thought must be re-examined by once again turning to its original source: the Quran. Only then can the Islamic way of life, and its associated governing system, be implemented in the way that they were originally meant to be.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
Re: On Dishonesty and Reformation
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing Amira, however I would have to strenuously disagree with the conclusions you present.
The problem that we need to solve is not that there are individuals trying to twist, modify, and reinvent scripture to suit their violent habits, but the reason people are driven to doing this: That is, systemic, repeated, and brutal Western occupation, colonization, and aggression against the Muslim world. This call to 'reform' Islam is nothing more than a Western ploy to absolve itself of wrongdoing. Muslims instead, need to rise up and stand against the West as one.
These are my thoughts. I do not wish to engage in conversation or debate about them here seeing as how this is not a political forum, however readers are free to engage me on my blog.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:51:03 AM »
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Amira

• View Profile
    • oceanswereink
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
Hi. Read it. I understand what you're saying and it's definitely true that the western world has routinely and repetitively invaded and divided Muslim-majority nations (not just recently either). This is certainly part of the cause of current political unrest, especially since in America, everything is told from the victor's point of view.
Anyway, this isn't a discussion we should be carrying out here, but thank you for your insight.
“Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib: I heard the Apostle of Allah say: In eloquence there is magic, in knowledge ignorance, and in poetry wisdom”

“Historically, what is or isn’t mainstream (in Islam) has always been a function of power, not of truth.” (Iyad El-Baghdadi, Arab Spring activist)