Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: free will and Jin and soul

Offline sharon

• View Profile
free will and Jin and soul
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:06:42 AM »
Assalam alikum I was just wondering
1. Will we have free will in heaven
2. Do jinns have a soul exactly the same as our I think we call our soul the (nafs) so do the jinns have this and did gid blow his spirit it to them as well like us

Offline sharon

• View Profile
Re: free will and Jin and soul
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »
3. And do plants and non living things have souls

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
Shalom / peace Sharon

1 - Probably
2 - Probably have something similar to a soul
3 - Maybe not

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »
Thanks jazzakkallah also I forgot to ask
4. Will the earth be resurrected like us on judgement day
5. Do angels have free will

Offline sharon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
6. Also is the quran for the jinns or just for humans or do the jinns have a book for them

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
Asalamu Alykum Sharon

Please read this excerpt from brother Joseph's article below(bold font added by me). I also suggest you read the whole article Insha'Allah it will be beneficial[1].

OTHER TRAITS OF THE JINN

The Jinn have free will, volition and therefore subject to appropriate answerability. (7:179, 55:39, 6:128).

They have the ability to discern truth (72:2) from falsehood (72:4) and understand that they will be judged (72:14-15).

Interaction between the two creations (man and jinn) is recognised by the Quran. Despite providing useful benefits as in the case of Prophet Solomon (34:13, 27:39-40), a negative connotation to the interaction seems to attract more prominent emphasis (6:128).

Each creation (humankind and jinn) has been sent its own guidance (rusulun minkum - 6:130). Therefore, there is no warrant for the understanding that human messengers were also sent for the Jinn's guidance. Although the Quran acknowledges an incident (72:1, 46:29) where the Jinn listened to (istama'a) a recitation of the Quran, this incident consisting of a mere group (nafarun 72:1) seems to be narrated as an exception rather than a rule. Certainly the Prophet had no expectation that any such creation would be privy to his recitation until he was informed after the event (uhiya ilayya - It has been revealed to me, 72:1).

The ability of the Jinn to continue their progeny (dhurriyati - 18:50) has also been acknowledged by the Quran. This need not be restrictively understood in a human procreative sense. Different creations (42:29) throughout the Universe can implicitly have their own manner of reproduction.

The Jinn live and die (46:18).

They are a separate creation from mankind (15:26-27) and the angels (34:40-41).

There exists good and evil amongst them and they abide in divergent sects / ways (72:11).

They have no knowledge of the future (72:10).

[1]THE JINN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/jinn%20FM3.htm