Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Punishment in the Grave - For Joseph Islam

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Punishment in the Grave - For Joseph Islam
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »
As-Salaamu-alaikoem brother Joseph

I have recently come across your website and found your articles both interesting and fascinating. Thank You for your efforts.

The one topic that intrigues me the most is your explanation of there being no such thing as punishment in the grave according to the Quran.

When reading your explanation and the evidence produced from the holy verses, it made alot of sense, and was also frightening at the same time.

I'm hoping I could ask you just 2 questions on this topic:

1. If there is no mention in the Quran of this, then how does over 1 billion Muslims believe it as absolute truth...how did that come about?
2. Scientifically, does this mean that a "time-jump" takes place between the point of your material death to the point in the future when the 1st horn will be blown, signalling the Last Day ?

Shukran
Wa-Salaam

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Punishment in the Grave - For Joseph Islam
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »
Wa alaikum assalam

Please kindly see below my responses to your questions in blue italics.

1. If there is no mention in the Quran of this, then how does over 1 billion Muslims believe it as absolute truth...how did that come about?

One could potentially surmise endlessly, sometimes even cogently, as to how a particular belief arose in antiquity and became accepted by the masses without warrant. One only needs to look at the billions that have potentially followed the doctrine of Trinity throughout the ages, or any other belief not supported and taught as a fundamental belief / tenet by Scripture.

2. Scientifically, does this mean that a "time-jump" takes place between the point of your material death to the point in the future when the 1st horn will be blown, signalling the Last Day ?

The Quran teaches that there will be two soundings (39:68; 79:6-7). The first sounding will end creation (except what God wills) and the second sounding will resurrect creation. Those that have already perished or will perish before the first sounding will arguably, not be privy to the first sounding (as they have already perished). They will only hear the second sounding.

Therefore once a human dies, there is a quiescent transitory state where concept of time is lost (23:100). The Quran does not indicate what the time gap would exist between the first or second sounding or even how long after the second trumpet, resurrection will take place. For all we know, eons may have passed. However, when we are finally awoken, it will feel as if we have only tarried for but a moment or a very short while ('time jump' as you put it). (17:52; 30:55-56; 10:45; 46:35; 79:46; 16:77).

Regards,
Joseph   

RELATED ARTICLE:

[1] PUNISHMENT OF THE GRAVE (AZAB-E-QABR)
http://quransmessage.com/articles/grave%20punishment%20FM3.htm

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell