Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Form Prayer whilst travelling

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Form Prayer whilst travelling
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:54:47 AM »
Salaam All
Not all of us have been gifted with the ability to keep form during salah whilst travelling. I have seen some performing sujood against a wall at a railway station, heard of some keeping form salah at the back of a bus and watched videos of some keeping form salah on a plane.
Given that someone has the ability/opportunity to keep a form during prayer whilst travelling, with no immediate fear for his/her life and they do not.  Is this a hypocritical act that might also be perceived as lacking in faith?
Would appreciate personal views.

Peace and thanks

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Form Prayer whilst travelling
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:19:48 AM »
If anyone does not have faith can not perform Salath. No one would make sujud on the wall people
Pray any place car bus Plane and railway station what is new ? We pray on the lawn or some store on our way while traveling. What is the point you want to express? Be clear
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:59:25 PM »
Salam Miracle114

From my understanding one may omit the form of prayer if one feels fear. (2:239)

The verse 2:239 is clearly suggesting that the form in particular should be omitted if one feels fear. Not the prayer itself. So therefor if the form of prayer is to cause or attract fear from the surroundings in any way then one should pray in some other manner that will not attract any fear to the surroundings. One may pray in a way that the surroundings do not understand that prayer is being established in my humble opinion. This may include walking, riding, being secluded where no one can see etc.

I think this all depends on the individual and circumstances one faces. The location, the people, the gatherings, the situation and atmospheres in ones life.

I think in a world like today one should try to understand their surroundings and the mindset of the people they are around. Believers are given the right to assess their situations and make the best of them.

One thing for sure is believers should try to keep their duty as best as they can.

64:16 “So keep your duty to God as best you can / what you are able (Arabic: ma is’tata’tum), and listen, and obey, and spend; that is better for your souls. And whoso is saved from his own greed, such are the successful”

Insha'Allah that helps

Salam

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:04 PM »
Thank you Hamzeh and Sardar Miyan
I guess my point was what would classify fear. Fear of physical harm,  fear of attracting attention, embarrassment, etc? It's a very personal matter and given times and places not everyone is able to comfortably keep a calm mind and pray in the middle of a bustling street, workplace, aeroplane, bus etc.

Peace and Thanks

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:21 AM »
Salam Bro JAA you are right but some Muslims say that as per Hadith it is distant that may count for shortening of pray being away from some distant.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light